Chapter 13: "Delivery for Bruce Wayne"

"Hi Bruce!", the woman says looking up. 

"What are you doing here Dinah", Bruce asks.

"I have no where to go Bruce", Dinah says.

"That's not my problem", Bruce says starting to close the door.

Dinah catches it before it closes. 

"Please, I got kicked out of The League of Assassins", Dinah says.

"That's too bad, now leave", Bruce says.

"Bruce Please!", Dinah says starting to cry, "They're gonna come after me".

"That's not my problem", Bruce says.

"Bruce I need protection, and I know you care about me", Dinah says.

"I do care about you, but I don't trust you enough to protect you", Bruce says.

"Some superhero you are!", Dinah says.

"You're right, I'm a superhero who uses his power to fight for good, not bad, I put a stop to the people who use their power for bad, so why would I lend a hand to you?", Bruce asks.

"Because I've changed, trust me", Dinah says.

"Why should I trust you?", Bruce asks.

"Because I know your secret, and if I was to try and hurt you I would have been told the League the truth about you, but I didn't because I care about you, and you care about me, so please help me this one time, then I will leave you alone forever.", Dinah says.

Bruce hesitates for a moment then lets her in. She quickly walks through the door.

"Before you get comfortable, you must know I have guest and they may not be to fond of you", Bruce says leading Dinah into the Living Room.

As soon as she walks in everybody gets on their feet.

"Aw hell nah, what's she doing here", Anissa says.

"It's fine, I know you guy's secret, I was kicked out of the league and I'm not here to harm you", Dinah says.

"Then give me one good reason I shouldn't light your ass up, for everything you put us through", Jenn says.

"Or I shouldn't burn your ass up", Dionte says.

"No, I think she'll do better cut up", Khalil says.

"I have one, I trust her, and she's going to be staying here for a while", Bruce says.

"You're inviting the enemy to lay her head here", Anissa says.

"I'm not the enemy anymore", Dinah says.

"You'll always be the enemy", Anissa replies.

"Look, I know I haven't made a perfect impression of myself, but I wasn't always fighting on the bad side, I used to fight along side Bruce, and others, but when the team disbanded, I needed a team to lean on, and I just happened to fall into the wrong hands, but I've realized that, and want to fight for good again", Dinah says.

"Is that what you realized, or did your realize that the perfect way for the League of Assassins to take us down was to pretend to have changed, get close to us, then take us out when we least expect it", Anissa says.

"Enough, she will be staying here because I trust her, end of story", Bruce says.

"Well I don't!", Anissa says walking past him and Dinah.

Just then there's a knock at the door.

"That better be the pizza man because if I don't get some food asap, I might just blow up", Jenn says walking to open the door.

When she opens the door, the Pizza man is standing there with one box of pizza.

"Delivery for Bruce Wayne", the pizza man says.

"Oh I'm sorry I think you got our order wrong, we should have more than that", Jenn says taking the first box.

"That's what they told me to deliver, that will be $13.45", the pizza man says.

"I'm not paying for that, this order isn't mine", Jenn says.

"Is there are problem?", Bruce says walking up to the door, Anissa, Khalil, Dionte, and Dinah following.

"This man is saying we ordered one pizza", Jenn says.

"Oh I'm sorry sir, there's must be a mistake we should have 3 pizzas", Bruce says.

"That's not what he told me to give you", the pizza man says.

"Who is he?", Bruce asks.

Just then the man throws pepper in Jenn and Bruce's face. They fall back sneezing and coughing. The man pulls out a gun and starts shooting, but Dinah runs up and screams, making all of the bullets, stop and fall to the ground. Anissa thunder claps, sending the man flying out the door. Dionte and Khalil run after him. Anissa runs over to help Jenn and Bruce up. After getting the pepper off of them, they stop sneezing. Khalil and Dionte walk back in.

"He got away!", Khalil says.

"Who was he?", Anissa says.

"Probably someone the league sent to find me", Dinah says.

"Yeah, or you probably called them here", Jenn says.

"No Jenn, she just helped us stop him", Anissa says.

"Ok and?", Jenn replies.

"Why would I fight against a person I called, I would have just let him kill you all", Dinah says.

Jenn says nothing.

"So what, the league followed you here?", Khalil asks.

"Possibly, I mean there's no way of knowing, I haven't seen that guy before in my life", Dinah says.

Bruce looks down at the pizza box. There's a note sticking on it.

"Was this note always on the box", he says reaching for it.

"What does it say?", Dionte asks.

"It says, In the times where it's dark and deep, all you can do is fall asleep", Bruce says.

"Another Riddle", Jenn says rolling her eyes.

"Look I'm sick of the Riddler and his crazy riddles", Anissa says.

"You'll get use to them", Bruce says.

"Will I?", Anissa replies.

"So, this means it wasn't the league it was probably another one of Jokers plans", Bruce says.

The team falls silent.

"It's the fact that we never got our pizza", Jenn says.

"Is there even pizza in that box?", Dionte asks.

"I don't know", Bruce says opening the box.

As soon as he opens it a green fog like substance starts coming out, it fills the room quickly. The team starts coughing, then Dionte falls on the floor. Jenn tries to get to him but she falls on the floor too. Then Anissa and Khalil fall to the floor. Dinah stumbles into Bruce and they both collapse on the floor. All of them lay on the floor unconscious. Suddenly 10 men in hazmat suits walk in. 

"Separate them, and put them in different locations, they're stronger as a team so let's see how they work in pairs", a man says.