Chapter 6: The Proton Ring Hunt - Part 2

"Ok guys, this mission requires you to be a little less hero, and a little more spy.", Alfred says.

"Um, Butler, we've been doing this for a while, just explain the mission and we'll follow through", Anissa says.

Alfred pulls his glasses down, and looks up at Anissa.

"Alfred will be fine madam, and after this mission I need to teach y'all about patience", Alfred says, "Now tonight Gothcorp is having a gala, so instead of your combat suits, you're gonna need to dress more elegant and fancy".

"I didn't pack clothes for a Gala", Anissa replies.

"Mr. Wayne has a Private Mini Mall here in the house that will style you for the event", Alfred states.

"Ooo Jenn is gonna be so Jealous", Anissa jokes.

Alfred taps on the screen and a virtual model of a building pops up. It's 3 story's with a basement attached that's 3 Miles down. He taps a few buttons and about 5 dots pop up, 3 red and 2 blue.

"What do these red and blue dots mean?", Khalil asks.

"These are 5 different entry points to get to the room with the Proton Ring, The red dots are Keypad Entrances, and The Blue dots a retina scans", Alfred says.

He walks away from the table and goes over to his desk, he picks up a purple case and brings it over to them.

"Now these are contact lens that can mimic whoever eyes you want them too, Anissa you are going to wear these to the Gala, when you greet the owner Mr. Josh Bell, young CEO, be sure to remain eye contact for at least 30 seconds", Alfred states, "Once you get it, slip off from the party and go to the retina scan, as long as your retina eye works you shouldn't be questioned".

"Will they be expecting us, this sounds like a private party", Anissa asks.

"I'll make sure your name is on the list, or a fake name", Alfred says.

Anissa nods.

"So what about the Key Pad?", Khalil asks.

"Maybe TC can help with that?", Anissa replies.

"What's a TC", Alfred asks confused.

"Not a what but a who, TC's our friend back home he's has the power to talk to technology", Anissa states.

"You guys have weird abilities", Alfred jokes.

"So what, I call TC and have him read the keypad and give us the password?", Dionte asks.

"Yes, that should work", Khalil replies.

"Ok good so this sounds like a plan, Anissa and Dionte go get dressed", Alfred suggests.

"And what shall I do?", Khalil asks.

"Nothing because you're not going, your name and profile is already hot, if you get around the wrong person and they recognize you, Anissa and Dionte's mission will be compromised", Alfred says.

"That's true, well I'll just lay low tonight", Khalil replies.

Alfred nods, Khalil turns and walks out of the cave. He goes upstairs to Jenn's room. She's sitting on the bed strumming a guitar, mumbling song lyrics under her breath.

"Are you busy?", Khalil asks.

"Nah you can come in", Jenn says.

"Are you writing a song?", Khalil jokes.

"No just playing around", Jenn replies.

"Well you sound beautiful.... Wait where'd you get a guitar?", Khalil asks confused.

"I don't know I found it in one of those big bedrooms down the hall", Jenn replies.

"So you stole it?", Khalil asks.

"No I borrowed it, and I may or may not keep it if he doesn't ask for it back", Jenn states.

"Sounds like theft to me", Khalil jokes. 

Jenn sits up straight.

"Khalil why did you come in here?", Jenn asks.

"They need you Jenn", Khalil says.

"No they don't, it's too dangerous, and I love them too much to support these dangerous missions, and I'm not about to keep talking about this Khalil", Jenn replies.

"Fine, but if you love them, and don't want to see them hurt, you would help them instead of letting them fight these battle alone, now that's love", Khalil says getting up and walking out of the room. 

Jenn rolls her eyes and continues strumming on the guitar.

After a little while, Anissa finally is ready, she walks down the stairs to meet Alfred and Dionte at the end of the staircase.

"It's about time", Dionte jokes.

"Look it takes time to look this good", Anissa replies.

"Yeah I see", Dionte says.

"See what?", Anissa asks.

"How you came out looking so good and how long it took", Dionte jokes.

"Aww that's funny and somewhat nice", Anissa says finally reaching the bottom step.

She walks over and examines Dionte.

"Fix your collar", Anissa says walking over to Dionte and fixing his collar.

After she finishes she steps back and looks him over. He stares back at her for a moment too long.

"What?", Anissa asks.

"Uh nothing, you guy's ready to go?", Dionte asks changing the subject.

They walk out the door and get into the limo, Alfred drives them to the Gala, when they arrive people stare at them as if they belong.

"Didn't know this many people would be here", Anissa states.

"Really, it's a Gotham party what did you expect", Dionte says.

They walk through the door, show their fake Id's Alfred made them and walk into the party. Josh Bell sees them and quickly walks over. He stares at Anissa for a while then picks up her hand and kisses it then shakes Dionte's hands.

"Good Evening My Guest, I hope you have a nice time tonight, could I get you something to drink", Josh asks.

"No but you can get me some of you", Anissa says pretending to flirt so he would only stare at her.

Dionte side eyes her.

"Really?", Josh asks.

He stares at her a little longer. He then slowly moves in to kiss her.

"Okay the retina scan is complete", Alfred says. 

Anissa quickly puts her hand in between their almost connected face.

"Sorry but I never kiss on the first date", Anissa says.

"Of course Madam, well have a nice night", Josh says a little annoyed.

"That was hot", Dionte jokes.

"Shut up", Anissa says laughing. 

They slip off from the party and walk down the hallway. They come up to a door, leading to an elevator, The guard stares at them sternly. Anissa walks up and the retina scanner scans her eye. It turns red and makes a sound signaling that it was wrong. She looks away from the guard and moves her Contact Lens around then tries again. This time it turns green and unlocks. She lets out a deep breath, the door opens and as soon as they're about to walk in, they hear a voice from down the hall.

"Hey you two, what are you doing back here?", Josh says walking up.

Anissa and Dionte exchange looks.