Chapter 9: The Proton Ring Hunt - Part 5

Anissa and Dionte arrive at the Diner. They walk up to one of the waitresses.

"Excuse me, Have you seen this girl right here", Anissa asks showing her a picture of Jenn.

The waitress shakes her head and walks away.

"Are you looking for Dinah?", a man in the corner asks.

"Um yeah do you know her", Anissa asks walking up to the man.

"No, but I heard that girl in the picture, address her as Dinah", the man says.

"Did you happen to hear where they we're going", Dionte asks.

"Some weird Auction, behind an alley", the man replies.

"Auction, why would she be at an Auction", Anissa asks looking at Dionte.

"Better question, who has an Auction this late at night", Dionte replies.

"I could take you there", the man says quickly.

Anissa squints at him.

"No, it's fine will find her a different way", Anissa says grabbing Dionte and walking out of the diner.

"Why'd you do that we could have been taken straight to Jenn", Dionte says.

"Exactly, you mean tell me a man who doesn't even know either one of them, can take us to the exact auction Jenn went to, it's a trap, in a few minutes he's gonna come out and go to wherever Jenn was taken, and we're gonna follow him, But first we're gonna suit up", Anissa says walking away from the diner.

Dionte takes a deep breath and follows her.

After about 10 minutes the man gets on his phone, pays his coffee bill and gets up to leave. Anissa and Dionte wait in the alley behind the diner and begin following him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over at Arkham Asylum, Batman and Painkiller walk in. Immediately upon their arrival the inmates start banging on the door and yelling slurs at them. 

"You're really not liked here", Painkiller says.

"Trust me, if you put as many people in here as I have you'll learn to deal with the hate", Batman says.

"Please, these inmates could never get under my skin", Painkiller says.

"Wait for it", Batman replies.

"Wait for what.....?", Painkiller starts.

"Oh and look at his sidekick", one of the inmates say.

"What happened to Robin, he flew away like the chicken he was", another inmate say.

"This sidekick, thinks he's bad, but he probably ain't nothing but a High School Drop Out, who learned how to swing a sword and got in with the wrong crowd", another inmate says.

All of them begin to laugh. Painkiller turns and walks up to him and taps him on the side of the neck. His veins turn green as poison course through the inmates veins. The inmate grabs his neck falling to the ground. The room falls silent. Batman turns toward Painkiller.

"We don't kill", Batman says.

"But did you hear him?", Painkiller says.

"Heal him", Batman states.

Painkiller walks over to him and touches his neck again.

"You'll be paralyzed for 10 minutes but you'll live", Painkiller says.