Chapter 15: The Greatest Sacrifice

"Oh my god!", they all say together.

"What is this?', Khalil asks.

"A little Deja Vu if you must", Joker says coming around the corner.

"Deja Vu for who?", Dinah asks struggling. 

"For me, I was put in this situation before", Bruce says also struggling.

"You've been dangled over a lava pit?", Dinah ask.

"No, but I've had to save people from this situation", Bruce says.

"Well let me return the favor", Lightning says.

Lightning quickly flies up to help them.

"Atatata", Joker says, "I wouldn't try that if I were you."

"Why not?", Lightning asks.

"When one gets saved the other one dies", Joker says.

"Then we'll save them both, I'll get Bruce, Dionte you get Dinah", Lightning says.

"I really want to, but every time I use my nuclear blast, my powers weaken, so I can't fly up and do anything", Dionte says.

"So what do we do?", Lightning asks.

"I'll let the riddler give you a hand with that", Joker says.

Lightning flies back to the ground.

"Not this again!", Lightning says.

Riddler walks around the corner.

"What is without taste or sound, all around, but can't be found? On you mark get set.....", The Riddler starts.

"I remember this riddle", Bruce starts, "its.....".

"Death, Death without taste, sound and all around us", Khalil says getting it, "But there is no way for us to save them, with one flier", he says motioning to Lightning.

"Meaning this is one big death trap", Thunder says finishing Khalil's statement.

"Excellent, See, Who says a team of young kids, can't be smart?", Riddler suggest.

"Well can someone explain it to me,  What does he want us to do?", Lightning asks.

"He wants us to choose between the two", Khalil says. 

"Or sacrifice one of yourselves", Joker says

"That's crazy!", Lightning says.

"Which is why I have a plan, Lightning all you need to do is focus on saving Bruce leave me Dinah", Khalil replies turning and whispering something to Thunder.

"But Khalil, you can't fly", Lightning says.

"Let me handle this, focus on your task, and whatever happens, happens", Khalil says. 

"Time's up", Riddler states, "And since you couldn't make a decision, both have to die!".

Just then both chains snap and Bruce and Dinah begin Freefalling. 

"Now!", Khalil yells.

Lightning flies up to catch Bruce. Thunder grabs Khalil and throws him into Dinah, the two collide and fall onto the ledge across the lava pit, the impact causes Khalil to get mad. Lightning and Bruce land back on the ground with Thunder and Dionte. 

"We did it!", Lightning says taking a deep breath.

Joker screams angrily.

"Screw this!", Joker says, "Either you sacrifice one of your little teammates, or I blow the whole place up, choose wisely".