Chapter 12: Mommy's Home

"What do you mean, is she dead?", Lightning asks.

"I mean her heart beat is so slow, she....", Batman starts but stops.

He closes his eyes.

"No, I can bring her back, like I did my dad", Lightning says.

"But didn't your dad have his suit, a shock to her heart like that is lethal", Cryo says.

"You should just let her rest", Painkiller says not caring.

"Shut up, you don't even know what you're saying right now", Lightning says, "I'm doing this!"

"Doing this could kill her", Cryo says.

"Not doing this could kill her", Lightning says.

Cryo hesitates then nods. Lightning shocks her, softly first. Thunders' body jumps. Batman checks her pulse again.

"It's speeding up, do it again but harder", Batman says.

Lightning closes her eyes and does it again, but harder. This time Thunder takes a deep breath.

"Oh my god!", Lightning says hugging her, then sits back up and playfully slaps her.

"Hey, what was that for?", Thunder asks.

"For trying to hug a bomb without your original suit on, and scaring me like this", Lightning says.

"Well I'm alive", Thunder replies trying to get up, "Did we get Joker?".

"No, he got away", Batman says.

"We'll get him later on down the road", Thunder replies.

They help her up and return to the Batcave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over at Ghul's hideout, he has called the league of assassins back to discuss future plans.

"Since we obviously can't take care of the people here, I feel it's time for some relocation", Ghul says.

"Relocation?", Deathstroke asks.

"Yes!", Ghul states.

"Why are we relocating", Nyssa asks. 

"Because I said so, and because we have bigger matters to attend too", Ghul says.

"We literally just settled here", Talia asks.

"And you will learn to settle again", Ghul yells.

"Look, I'm not Black Canary, I will leave this team and we will just see how long y'all last", Talia says.

"You won't if you know what's good for you, and trust me, YOU KNOW what's good for you", Ghul says.

Talia Rolls her eyes.

"If my mom was alive she would never put me through this!", Talia states.

"Is that right!", Ghul says turning his head towards the door.

The door slowly opens and a woman walks in.

"Mom!", Talia yells standing up.

"You recognize me", the woman says.

"Only from pictures, I thought you we're dead", Talia says.

"That was the plan", the woman says.

"What do you mean?", Talia asks.

"I mean I faked my own death", the woman says

"Wow, so you faked your own death on purpose, leaving me to believe that I grew up without a mother", Talia says.