Chapter 5: The Proton Ring Hunt - Part 1

"How did you find me?", Khalil asks.

"We're assassins we're trained to find people like you", the lady says.

"Who sent you?", Khalil asks.

"Oh you don't remember?", the lady says.

Khalil looks confused, they begin to surround him.

"You robbed somebody the first night you was here", the lady states.

"What no I didn't", Khalil says.

"Oh but you did, that's how you landed in jail, you had $150,000 in cash, stolen from a man named Ghul, but I call him daddy", the woman says.

"And what should I call you, or are you too esteemed as a assassin, you can reveal your name", Khalil asks.

"My name is Talia, and that's my sister Nyssa, and these other three are", she begins but takes a pause, "Doesn't matter, you won't remember their names anyway".

"Well meet Painkiller", Khalil says rolling his neck.

"Are you asking us to call you that?", Talia asks.

"No I'm demanding it", Painkiller says.

"We don't take demands", Nyssa says running up.

She swings her sword at him but he blocks it with his sword, then kicks her sword out of her hand. She tries to kick him but he grabs her leg, Talia runs up with her sword, He pushes Nyssa's leg back knocking her on the floor, then quickly pulls out another sword and turns towards Talia. She swings her sword at him but he uses his swords to grab it, pulling it out of her hands. He then swings it at her, she does a back flip knocking one of the swords out of his hand. Then kicks him the chest, he falls back, but rolls into a crouching position. He stands fully and tries to swing the sword at Talia but Nyssa runs up and grabs the blade in her bare hands and pulls it away from him and hands it to Talia. They begin walking up to him, he backs up reaching for his gun but one of the other assassins, grabs his arm from behind and throws him into a wall, he falls to the ground. They then begin walking up to him.

"You're pretty good, you should have been on the league of assassins, too bad we have to kill you", Talia says.

Just then the sound of an inhale happens, and a strong wind gust blows the league off of their feet. Khalil looks over to see Jenn, Anissa, and Dionte standing in the doorway, dressed in all black combat suits. Dionte steps up and freezes them from the waist down.

"Sorry but he has a team", Anissa says.

Jenn runs over to help Khalil up. 

"How did you guys know where I was?", Khalil asks.

"I overheard you and Alfred's conversation", Jenn whispers.

"I though we agreed to not go out because it's dangerous", Dionte asks.

"Y'all might not want to find a cure for me, but I do, and if y'all don't want to help, then I have to do it on my own", Khalil says.

"Well we just saved your life, so there's your help", Anissa says.

"Oh don't worry, there's enough ass kicking, to go around", Nyssa says.

"And a little super strength and ice freezing is nothing", Talia says putting her hands on her ears.

All of the assassins do the same. Just then one of the assassins screams, and the ice around them shatters. Jenn, Khalil, Anissa, and Dionte scream in pain, cuffing their ears.

"What the hell are you?", Anissa yells.

"I'm a Banshee", the woman says, " but you can call me Black Canary and my voice is stronger than any super strength, and can break out of any traps, I can basically beat any powers".

"Well try this one out", Jenn says making an extremely enormous electronic cloud.

"Except lightning", Black Canary says covering her face. 

Jenn throws the Electronic Cloud at the assassins, causing them to fly into the wall and get knocked out. The lights go out and Jenn, Khalil, Anissa, and Dionte run out. When they arrive back to the house, Alfred places the proton ring Khalil got from the warehouse on the device, it lights up but dies back down.

"It's still not strong enough to do what I need", Alfred says.

"Well you're going to have to figure this out on your own, we only went back to help Khalil, but that's it", Jenn states.

"If you really want to help Khalil, and make it safe for him to help fight crime with y'all, you need to help him get all of the materials I need, no matter how dangerous", Alfred says.

"Exactly it's dangerous, meaning instead of helping Khalil we're gonna get him killed and us in the process, Khalil was getting his ass kicked before we stepped in", Jenn replies.

"Which is all the more reason to help him", Anissa says.

"Nah, I'm good on that, Lightning is off duty", Jenn says walking out of the batcave.

"Jenn!", Anissa says but Jenn is already out the door.

"I'll talk to her", Dionte says.

"Don't bother, you know Jenn, when her mind is made up, that's it", Anissa says.

"Well how many materials do you actually need?", Khalil asks.

"I actually just need the Proton Rings", Alfred says.

"What do you mean?", Anissa asks.

"See there's 5 proton rings, Khalil just got one, Each Proton ring has a different power that connects to the body, This blue one is the mind ring, it has the power to destroy and fix all things mind like, but Khalil has had his Painkiller so long it has access to his full body", Alfred replies.

"So what are the other Proton Rings?", Dionte asks.

"The Soul Ring, which has the power to destroy and fix all things about....", Alfred starts.

"about the Soul, we get that", Anissa says, "What about the other ones."

"The Body Ring, The Air Ring, and The most powerful ring, The Blood Ring", Alfred replies.

"And these rings are at different locations around Gotham", Khalil states.

"And each location is heavily guarded", Alfred says.

"Wow that's a lot of fighting, Jenn's right, this is too dangerous", Dionte says.

"Dionte don't quit on us now, we need you, now that Jenn has backed out", Anissa states.

"I don't know", Dionte says crossing his arms.

Khalil walks over to him. 

"Look man, we might not be close but I really need your help, and we gotta be on the same page about this, and I promise after we get all of these and I go back to normal, we can start our bickering again", Khalil says.

Dionte stares at him for minute, then laughs.

"Fineeee, as long as we can go back to bickering", Dionte jokes.

"Yes, so where's the next Proton Ring?", Anissa asks turning to Alfred.