Part 1

It was a clear sunny day of Spring and nothing could darken it no matter how many clouds were gathering from time to time.

"Finally, my chance is here."

For Eloise Fair, that sunny day of Spring was the day she joined Shinra as a 3rd class SOLDIER. It was like a dream come true. She wasn't as excited to begin her new training as to see her older brother, Zack. They've been working in different places and Zack would rarely visit their parents.

Her bright blue eyes widened in excitement as she walked inside the Shinra building. It was different than anything she had seen before, as an officer. The building was so high that it gave the impression it could reach the sun and inside, it was pretty much like a labyrinth.

Her eyes fell over every door and every corridor, her head swirling with curiosities. She wanted to figure what was happening behind every door in that building, if she could.

"I wonder if he'll be happy to have me around...." Eloise mumbled, feeling like reality was finally settling in.

She didn't announce her brother of her arrival. Actually, she didn't tell him anything at all! Eloise has been working as an officer for a while and she avoided meeting Zack in missions.

"You mean me?" Her eyes widened and she turned quickly to face Zack. He had a wide smile plastered on his face. "I'm happy you're here, Eloise."

"Really?"

He nodded, his smile never leaving his face. Those words meant a lot to her. She felt like she already accomplished half of her dream by standing in the same building with her brother.

"And who is this young lady?" The new voice made the two siblings stop their conversation.

Eloise was a little taken aback by the older man but Zack's happiness level just increased.

"Young lady?" She mumbled under her breath.

That man was definitely different than the men she had met when she was still an officer. The level of diplomacy was rising conform to the level of the skills, probably. Besides that, he was handsome. He didn't look that old but looked like an older version of Zack which was a bit strange to see.

"Angeal this is my sweet, dear, extraordinary, funny, happy, messy younger sister, Eloise." Zack responded in one breath.

Eloise blinked twice before chuckling. Zack was the same bubbly older brother that she could always rely on. She smiled softly, knowing that she had someone to hold onto.

"And Elly he is my mentor, Angeal Hewley. He is a 1st class SOLDIER."

Eloise's eyes traveled to Angeal's. Even though they both had blue eyes, his were infused with mako; a lot of it. But there was something different about him, something that didn't have anything to do with mako or his appearance. He was soft and kind. She could see that reflecting into his eyes. It gave her more confidence, actually.

"You are his mentor. Then, does that mean you have to put up with his antics?" Angeal nodded while giving a soft chuckle. Eloise continued, "Does he follow you around like a lost puppy?" She wasn't joking even if it did sound like it. Zack was that kind of guy. If he'd hold admiration for something or someone, he'd transform into a lost puppy.

Angeal cracked a smile and nodded, "Indeed, he does."

Eloise watched Angeal and Zack as the younger of the two started complained to his mentor that he was not making him look cool in front of the family, as Zack put it. Eloise's eyes moved on Angeal and she tilted her head to the side.