Chapter 19

"She got scared yet I can't seem to find the reason why. There was nothing in the room."

Sephiroth called Angeal to discuss the footage. While the mentor was trying to think of an explanation, Angeal was growing more and more worried. Eloise was acting as if she was hallucinating but the level of her anxiety towards that hallucination was growing terribly fast. Her reactions were getting out of control.

On the other side, Genesis got Eloise out of there. He actually forced her to change in casual clothes and go in town. She was annoyed at first- no, she was still annoyed.

"Why did I have to change and you didn't?"

Genesis ignored her question completely.

She could feel her eyebrow twitch in annoyance. He was an asshole even if his intentions were good. In one swift movement, she turned around and tried to go back but Genesis grabbed her before she could get too far.

"We're going to have fun."

She scowled, "Do you even know what fun is?"

Genesis tried to remind himself that it was for a good cause. Even if he had to play nice and be a gentleman, it didn't mean he actually enjoyed it. She was a pain in the ass, no matter what.

In the end, Genesis led her to the theatre. She titled her head to the side in confusion as she eyed the entrance as if it was the wolf itself. She took a few steps back, just in case.

"It's only a theatre, Eloise. It won't hurt you." He said, grabbing her hand and hurrying inside.

"I doubt it." She mumbled on the way.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we present you in this lovely evening, Loveless!"

Eloise's right eye twitched; she should have imagined he would get something out of this so called fun time. She glanced at the audience to see they were pretty excited yet none was enjoying the piece as much as the man next to her.

The piece started with one man, standing in the middle of the scene. The light was dim. They could only see his form. The man seemed lost and dumbfounded until he started to speak.

When the war of the beasts brings about the world's end

The goddess descends from the sky

Wings of light and dark spread afar

She guides us to bliss, her gift everlasting

After he finished, two other men walked from each side of the stage. They started to talk about their lives and about the everlasting gift of the goddess. They decided to go and search for it and that was how the first act started.

Infinite in mystery is the gift of the Goddess

We seek it thus, and take to the sky

Ripples form on the water's surface

The wandering soul knows no rest.

There weren't only parts of the poem, Eloise was surprised to hear the men talk normally, as well. They were using a script, they weren't only reciting the poem. They were re-enacting a life story.

The quest itself seemed to be dangerous and heart-breaking. Two friends ended up on one side while the third one was left alone. Eloise's eyes moved on Genesis. He was entranced by the play.

There is no hate, only joy

For you are beloved by the goddess

Hero of the dawn, Healer of worlds