Chapter 31

"Here,"

After what she had been through for the last few years, Eloise felt tired. Hojo had many plans regarding Zack and Cloud and for some sick reason, he told Eloise exactly what he wanted to do. Hojo wanted to make them part of the Jenova Reunion Project and sadly, she didn't have enough power or the right title to go against his plans.

There was always someone in the laboratory inside Shinra Mansion, one younger than the other. That particular day, Eloise met the innocent green eyes of a newcomer.

"Do you know who I am?" She asked randomly.

"Eloise Fair, SOLDIER 2nd Class." He answered by the book.

"Then do you know what I am?" Eloise asked and the answer was somewhat expected: he watched her confused.

A few hours later, the same green-eyed scientist placed a cup of tea on the table and pushed it slowly towards her.

"You've been in here for a few days already. Aren't you getting bored?"

It's been a week, to be more exact, and the only thing she felt was guilt. If Zack was going to become like her, that was entirely her fault. Hojo injected the two boys with Jenova cells but not enough to make them monsters; not yet.

"No. I just want to watch over them. I want to keep them safe."

"They are here and Doctor Hojo is treating them with mako and Jenova cells. They are safe." The scientist replied, genuinely believing his words.

"You don't know what kind of world you work in. Everything Hojo does is for himself. Sephiroth is his experiment. I'm sure you didn't read the documents in the manor." Her eyes started to change gradually as she spoke, scaring the boy.

"What happened to you?"

"It seems I am a vessel for Jenova cells." She answered bluntly.

The young man stared at her for a few minutes before he left. She sighed and rubbed her forehead.

"I can't stay here forever. Just wake up, Zack. Wake up and let's go home."

Eloise was sleeping when she felt something cold against her hands. She opened her eyes slightly and saw a bulky man doing something to her hands. Her eyes widened and she squirmed. A few more men came inside and placed chains around her hands, legs and neck. Hojo entered the laboratory and walked in front of her.

"What are you doing?"

"You can't stay here, Eloise. Your dear mentor may or may not be dead. I can't conduct my experiments with a ticking bomb in my laboratory. The turks will take you in custody."

Her eyes widened, "No! I'm not going to be killed just because you made me a monster!"

Hojo chuckled and grabbed a needle from his pocket. She shut up instantly and gulped. That needle was stupidly long.

"I told you, Eloise. You are a success. I'm not going to kill you but I'm not going to let you awake for now. It's time to go back into your cocoon, my little butterfly."

It happened really fast. He plunged the needle into her neck and the effect was instant. She fainted.

Eloise woke up in a place that looked a lot like Heaven. Even though that place had a soothing atmosphere and made her feel light, she wanted to go back to reality.

"You have to wait a little bit longer. But when everything settles down, you will understand."

She raised an eyebrow and moved chaotically around. That voice sounded very familiar.