Chapter 12

"I know it is very quick, but I have a mission for you, Eloise."

After Genesis left, Eloise had gotten a call from Lazard. He sounded very enthusiastic for some reason. There were big chances he had a few secret plans for her if he figured she hid the file containing the Jenova Project.

Or, there were slim chances for it to be a normal mission. She didn't know and didn't want to know.

"It's simple, really. After what happened to your team the last time, I decided to pair you up with a higher-ranked SOLDIER." He started as he pushed a few buttons, the screen in his office rolling down.

"You're giving me a mission? Only me?" Eloise asked, underlining what was strange to her.

"And a higher ranked SOLDIER." He repeated, a bright smile on his face.

She was ready to question her boss more, but the door opened and Lazard's attention shifted.

"Angeal! I am very pleased you accepted this mission!"

It might have been childish, but Eloise sighed in relief. When she heard the words high-ranked SOLIDER she only thought about what was worse and forgot about Angeal. It was such a relief.

Angeal stopped right beside her and gave her a soft smile. It looked completely different from Genesis' or Sephiroth's. Those two were so uptight all the time, hiding their emotions behind cold eyes. Angeal wasn't like that. He was warm and friendly.

"Like I said, the mission is simple. You have to recover a package from Sector 8. I know it's on the other side of Midgar, that's why I chose you two. Shinra needs this package. I'm counting on you two." Lazard finished, his eyes looking specifically at Eloise.

Angeal nodded and grabbed the files from Lazard. He saluted his boss and walked out. Eloise was ready to exit as well, but Lazard stopped her.

"What is it, sir?" She asked expectantly.

He smirked, knowing exactly how her mission was going to degenerate.

"I want that package as quick as possible. I don't care what happens. Take it at any cost."

Eloise nodded and walked into the hall with no commentaries left.

"Isn't this exciting, Eloise?"

Like always, Zack was tagging around his mentor. When he heard Angeal and Eloise were going on a mission together, his excitement only grew.

"Can you stop following me? Go follow Angeal, or something..."

He shook his head and placed his hands into his pockets. As they were walking side by side, their familiar black hair, blue eyes and behaviour were so alike. It was unbelievable how much they looked alike but at the same time, they didn't.

"You are my beloved sister whom I haven't seen in a long time. You became a SOLDIER and we live in the same building. I want us to become closer, not grow further apart."

His sincerity and emotion were overwhelming. Eloise actually felt sorry for always forgetting about her older brother. It seemed she was spending more time with people she just met instead of spending bonding time with her brother.

"I promise we will get family time, Zack. After this mission, we'll spend time together." She smiled widely and hugged him from the side.

In the end, Zack followed Eloise to her room and even in the bathroom. She pushed him outside laughing but he was confused. It never seemed to be a problem when they were children, but they were older now. She needed her space and she made it very clear that she was a growing woman. Zack pouted after she explained her point and groggily walked towards her bed.