Part 6

After the whole misunderstanding about Sephiroth and Eloise, Genesis went out. That little girl was infuriating and he didn't understand why Sephiroth took her under his wing. She was nothing but trouble and Genesis hated troublesome people.

He was aimlessly walking in the vicinity of the company building, thinking. Lately, his body was acting by its own and he had to go and talk to Hollander about it.

"Aren't you taking this whole matter at another stage, Genesis?"

The red head didn't need to turn around, he knew exactly who found him in the dark.

"What are you talking about, Angeal?"

The brunette walked closer to his childhood friend and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"You're getting worked up over a young girl. Why are you overthinking the relationship between Sephiroth and his student? Let him help her improve."

Genesis scoffed and shook his friend's arm off. He walked a few steps forward and raised his head towards the sky.

"Do you know what her dream is?" He chuckled and shook his head. Just remembering and he was laughing. "She wants to become a hero, just like her brother. But she's not going to be one. Her dream is nothing but a struggle."

"Why is that?"

Genesis frowned and glanced at his friend over his shoulder.

"Because no monster can become a hero." Angeal was getting more and more confused but Genesis continued. "The energy running through her body is pure mako energy. That's why she can't control it. She glows because of it."

Truthfully, when Genesis told Eloise that she was glowing, he was serious. She had a blue light emitting around her. He could see it because she probably used the energy in training.

"But her body had an allergic reaction to mako. Sephiroth told us that." Angeal combated.

Genesis nodded. "Exactly. The doctor who did the surgery was Hollander. Why would one of the best Shinra scientists get so soft and help the newbie?"

Angeal sighed. Genesis was right, there was something weird about that. Hollander wasn't the friendliest scientist around.

On the other side, Sephiroth was slightly worried. Eloise was pondering on Genesis' insinuation and her self-confidence was lowering with every thought. That was why, after she entered her room, he followed her inside.

"I'm fine. The training wasn't that bad. I won't die." She said coldly, not glancing at him.

Sephiroth chuckled but didn't leave. He walked towards her bed and sat on the edge.

Eloise sighed and rubbed her forehead. "Or you can just stay. That's fine." She mumbled.

"What are you concerned about? Genesis?"

Maybe if he wouldn't have raised an eyebrow and cross one leg over the other, she wouldn't have become flustered. But he did, and she blushed profoundly.

"He hates me. We've met for the past two days at the elevator and all he does is make me feel annoyed. Should I feel offended or not? I don't even know! He is so annoying and confusing!"

Sephhiroth's eyes followed her pacing around the room. She must have felt a lot of pressure since she was so affected by Genesis' teasing.

"You don't have to pay attention to him. You are his new source of entertainment. He does it for his own amusement." His words weren't comforting at all.

"Exactly! I don't want to be his new toy. I want him to take me seriously. I am a SOLDIER too!" She snapped.

Sephiroth understood what it was all about. She entered Shinra Company because she wanted to be seen as more than a little girl, she wanted to be seen as an example, as a hero. But she lacked in one thing: respect. Her brother wasn't able to give her the kind of respect she wanted. Genesis was the only one who noticed her desire for respect and used her weakness in his favor. That was why she felt so frustrated.