13 | Mute

Fuck I'm bored

Fuck I'm bored. I've been lounging around in my room and my laptop checking emails and hacking into the FBI database to see if any other cases involve Viktor, so far nothing. It's quiet — Too quiet.

It's 4:00 am and I can't sleep. I had a nightmare about my mother's death once again, it will forever haunt me. At least I didn't break my promise and I found my family and came home. The images of her gasping for air and blood all over her will forever be seared into my brain.

Groaning, I lazily get up out of bed and saunter into my closet to find something to wear so I can go to the gym and work out. I need to clear my head and forget about my nightmares.

I quietly leave my room hearing a soft click after closing the door, I tiptoe down the stairs and make my way towards the kitchen, I grab myself two bottles of water, "Do you want water?"

I turn to see Messiah shake his head no. I then proceed to head to the gym, I walk in and holy shit, this is what you call a fucking gym. Doing a couple of laps around the gym to get a feel for it and to see what they have.

I do a few warm-up exercises and stretches, shit it's been a while. After completing them, I start punching one of the bags in front of me, applying so much force with each hit.

I do this for about an hour till a feel a hand on my closed fist, stopping me from punching the bag. Messiah pulls me away from the punching bags and steers me to one of the bathrooms in the gym.

He lifts me and sits me down on the counter, he moves to grab something from underneath the counter, I frown. 

He places the first aid kit on the counter beside me, grabbing out the things he needs to tend to my bleeding knuckles. Huh. I didn't even realize I was bleeding, I'm glad he stopped me.

I was too busy punching my frustration out, thinking about Viktor and how he killed my mother and how he thinks he can take me away. I need to kill him before he kills me or worse, one of my loved ones.

I flinch out of my daze when I feel a hand gently grab mine and start dabbing it with a cotton ball saturated with cleaning alcohol.

I tilt my head to get a better view of Messiah, he's looking down, face scrunched in concentration as he works on my wounds.

Wow, I didn't even realize how beautiful this man is in front of me, and when I say man, I mean he's a man. I take the time to study his face, he has clear skin, beautiful green eyes, the longest lashes I've ever seen, his nose is a little crooked, most likely broken a few times. I notice the slight stumble coming through as well. He also has a scar that goes from the top of his left brow and it goes straight down his eye and reaches his cheekbone.

Fuck me, he's gorgeous.

From the file I studied about him, I learned that he's 25 years old, he was born in Italy, moved here with his mother when he was 10 years old and then tragically his mother died due to breast cancer when he was 18 years old.

In the file it stated that after his mother died, he decided to go the special ops route, it also listed all the things he achieved and all the skills he obtains.

It's kind of scary all the shit he can do and he's only young still. My dad made the right choice hiring him as the lead guard for our family, a little bit qualified but I rather that than someone who doesn't know a thing.

As he starts bandaging up my hands, he looks at me and catches me staring at him, I feel my cheeks heat up from the embarrassment.

I see a smirk plastered on his face, obviously enjoying my misery.

Prick.

He continues to bandage up my hands, I finally decide to break the silence, "Are you mute?"

I've always wondered, I've never heard him say a word since I've been here, it's always nods and gestures. I noticed that Felix does a lot of the talking as well, which he then nods to confirm.

I knew what his answer was going to be, but I wanted to confirm my suspicion, in saying that he nods a yes.

I wanted to ask him so many questions, I've never met anyone who was mute, I've had friends who are deaf but not mute. I wonder if he can communicate with sign language, most likely.

I want to ask him but my hands are too fucked up and they're all wrapped up.

"Thank you," I murmur, he just gives me a stiff nod and helps me down the counter. I leave the gym and go to my room to have a quick shower and get ready for a boring Sunday.

D I A V O L A

Knocking is sounded at my door, I'm laying on my bed in my powder-puff girls' sweats and jumper. Lazily reading a book I stole from the library.

I tell whoever it is to come in and to my surprise it's Giovanni, I've noticed with him he usually keeps to himself, and he's very quiet. We haven't talked much since I've been back, but he doesn't hover over me too much, he always gives me space. I admire that about him, he knows boundaries.

"Hey Val, I was wondering if you wanted to watch a movie with me in the theatre room? It's okay if you're..." I cut him off, "Definitely," I grin at him.

His face lights up and he smiles back at me. He turns to leave my room and I hurriedly jump off my bed and run and jump on his back.

Gio stumbles a little not expecting me to jump on him but he quickly recovers and shifts my body so we're both more comfortable.

He gives me a piggyback ride to the theatre room, he drops me on one of the plush L-shaped couches in here, I look around the room. I haven't been in here yet, I take notice that he's already set everything up.

There are blankets, pillows, snacks, drinks and he's got a bunch of movies laid out for us to pick.

"Thanks for asking me Gio, I was so bored in my room."

"No worries, lazy Sundays are always the best." He grins.

"I couldn't agree more Gio!"

I picked out a scary movie for us to watch, they are my favorite genre. Ten minutes into the movie I notice Rome, Dom and Nate walk into the room and join us. I snuggle up closer to Gio and lay my head on his shoulder, he gently places an arm around me and pulls me closer.

No words are needed.