39 | Too Pretty to Die

Ever since Valentina has returned she has turned my world upside down, for the better

Ever since Valentina has returned she has turned my world upside down, for the better. When I first started working for the Rossi family, I had no idea she even existed till Lorenzo got the call about his daughter being arrested.

When we picked her up and I had seen her, my whole world stopped. I had never seen someone so beautiful but obtain such a deadly aura before, she is an enigma.

I can't believe she's only seventeen, she's young but carries herself as if she's lived a lifetime. She surprised me when she signed to me, no one here knows sign language apart from Felix, so it truly was a breath of fresh air being able to communicate with someone else.

When I was kidnapped and tortured, a part of me died. I suffered in silence and have chosen to stay silent, but slowly I feel as though Valentina is reviving that part of me again.

Felix cuts my train of thought, "want me to join you and Val's training session, or do you want alone time with her?" He winks.

I roll my eyes and scoff, 'I want you to join us.' I sign.

He frowns at me, "why? No offense but she can kill and I'm too pretty to die," he whines.

'We're working with knives today and I'm going to observe, she'll be fighting with you. Don't worry we'll start with markers before moving on to actual knives,' I sign smirking at his horrified face.

We're currently guarding outside Luciano's room. Valentina woke up in the middle of the night crying, she didn't utter a word to Felix or me, she just walked past us and went to her brother's room.

They've been asleep for a while, it's good for Luciano though he doesn't get enough sleep. He's been stressed and overworked since his sister's return, he worries about her all the time.

Luciano's bedroom door opens wide revealing Valentina who looks tired but still graces us with a smile muttering a good morning.

Maybe we shouldn't train today.

"I hear you both training with me today, seems like a good day to die. Don't you think boys?" She chirps.

Felix tenses and gapes at her, I chuckle at them both. She has this knack for getting under people's skin, she always pushes her limits but knows when to back off.

"As I said to Messiah earlier, I'm too pretty to die," Felix grumbles making her laugh.

"Relax Felix, it'll be fun besides I won't hurt you... much," she mutters the last part under her breath but I hear her and shake my head at her antics.