97 | Holy Shit

The club is in chaos, people running around screaming some dropping to the ground after being shot

The club is in chaos, people running around screaming some dropping to the ground after being shot. Gazing around I try to find Valentina but I don't see her anywhere same with Messiah, I hope they're okay.

"Xavier, we have to leave come on!" Luc shouts at me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I look back one more time in hopes of spotting them, my eyes land on Valentina and Nate weaving around people sprinting towards us, "NATE!" I shout, grabbing his attention.

He looks up and sees us, dragging Valentina along. When they catch up to us, we all run out of the club near the back exit to where our cars are now parked.

"Wait — where's Mez?" Valentina frantically says, looking around trying to find him.

"We don't have time! Get in the car now Valentina!" Luc yells.

"No, I'm not fucking leaving here without him!" She screams, turning to run back into the building.

I quickly grab her and throw her over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes, sprinting to the car throwing her in as she screams and thrashes around. We all pile in and Felix speeds off, taking us back to their place.

Nate is beside her trying to calm her down but it isn't working, she's too worried about Messiah, for her sake I hope he's made it out and is okay.

As we're driving back to their place my phone rings in my pocket, I ignore it since now is not the fucking time. It keeps ringing though, catching everyone's attention.

I pull it out and answer it without looking at the caller ID,

Italics ↠ Xavier | Bold ↠ Rowan

Hello?

Son, it's me, I recognize the voice as my father's.

Now isn't the time dad, something happened tonight, I rush out, trying to end the call quickly.

Oh I know, I know you're with that little bitch. I also know that it was the Greeks who shot up the club, he chuckles, making my stomach drop.

You're working with them? I say, catching everyone's attention in the car, before putting it on speaker, holding a finger to my lips, telling them to keep quiet.

I wouldn't say I'm working with them but they want the same thing I want. Valentina is going to die for what she did to me, they want that too but they also wanted someone, he says, confusing us all as we all frown at the phone.

Who'd they wanted? I ask, trying to figure out who it could be.

You'll find out soon enough, I just wanted to call and let you know that you are no longer a part of this family. I'm extremely disappointed in you and so is your mother, you chose the wrong side son.

Don't call me son, you were never a father to me, I spit before hanging up on the asshole.

Everyone in the car is eerily silent, trying to process what was just said. Tensions starting to build, I glance at Valentina who's glaring at my phone.

We finally pull into their driveway and exit the vehicle, we all reluctantly walk inside and meet the rest of her family in the living area.

Valentina stands at the entry, looking around the room most likely trying to figure out who didn't make it back. She finally moves into the room and everyone looks relieved to see her, she sits on a couch next to Dom.

"They've got Messiah." She announces, glaring at the ground.

"How do you know? And who's got him Bambina?" Lorenzo whispers, trying to upset her.

My father...

"Rowan." She says, not elaborating.

Everyone in the room now looks at me, I can see their questioning gazes analyzing me. I'm assuming they want me to elaborate on what she's talking about, deciding just to tell them I prepare for all hell to break loose.

"My father called me and said it was the Greeks who shot up the club, they wanted to kill Valentina and they've taken someone who we now know is Messiah," I explain, sighing.

What a shit birthday — poor Val

Stefano and Lorenzo look confused while the rest of her family look shocked, they move their attention to her wanting to see her reaction. She sits there and leans her head back, looking up to the ceiling, I can see the gears turning in her mind.

"I get why they want you dead but why would they take Messiah?" Stefano asks, narrowing his eyes at Valentina who groans in frustration.

"Maybe because he's with me? I don't know, that's the only thing that comes to mind right now." She mutters, rubbing a hand down her face.

"Galen is a hard man to track down, no one has ever seen his face before. None of us have seen him before, taking Messiah doesn't make any sense I mean yeah he could use him as leverage to get to you but he knows how that typically turns out." Lorenzo says, frowning.

He's right, I've never seen Galen Andino's face before. I don't know what he looks like and I know my father doesn't either, he always uses his men to do all the work as well as his son.

"The only reason I tried to kill the bastard was for the sex trafficking rings he was involved with, I warned him but he didn't listen," Val says, sitting up now as her elbows rest on her knees.

Sex trafficking is a big no when it comes to our businesses now, we all agreed not to get involved. Too many lives were lost and ruined because of it, so I understand why she tried to kill him. He believes he's above everyone else, I guess so does my father.

"Wait —" she says, looking up with wide eyes, "Gio, grab your laptop."

Gio nods and runs out of the living room, running upstairs to grab his laptop. Everyone in the room looks at her curiously, she stands up and starts pacing.

Gio returns with his laptop and takes a seat, opening it. She walks up behind him, "I need you to pull up a file for me, her name is Evelina Romero." Val says, leaning on his shoulder.

"Who's she?" Dom asks, confused.

"Messiah's mother."

"Why are we pulling up her file?" I ask.

"I'm the only person who's seen what Galen looks like." She mutters, her eyes scanning the laptop.

"Yeah — so?" Dom asks, his confusion growing.

"Holy shit," Gio says loudly and Valentina looks pale.

We all gather around them to see what they're looking at, my eyes zone in on the file that's been pulled up and my heart stops.

Holy fucking shit...