44 | Revelations

I'm sitting in my office with my grandfather and father, we've been talking about the ball and going over our plan making sure there are no gaps in it

A knock sounds and I tell the person to come in, "Capo, there's a man at the front gate asking for Valentina," a guard says bowing his head.

My brows furrow and I look to my father, "was she expecting someone?" I ask him confused, he looks equally confused and shrugs.

"What was the man's name?" I ask the guard who stiffens and gulps before replying, "Marcus Garcia, sir."

"What the fuck is Garcia doing here?" Stefano sneers at us, "and why does he want our Valentina?"

I ignore him, "Let him in." I address the guard and then wave him off dismissing him before standing up and leaving the office with my grandfather yelling after me.

Walking down the stairs I walk to the front door and see Marcus standing there looking tired, he has bags under his eyes, his hair is all disheveled. The poor guy doesn't look like he's slept properly.

"Marcus?" A small voice says behind us, Val walks around us running up to him, and jumps into his open arms.

"What's going on? Who's this?" Uncle Mario says walking into the foyer with the rest of the family following suit.

"Holy shit Marcus?" Nate bellows out, running up to him and Val crushing them both in a hug.

Nate and Val let him go, Val pulls him closer to us all and starts to introduce him to everyone but she gets cut off, "he's not welcome here," Stefano seethes glaring at Marcus.

"I invited him into MY home, he is welcome here. Marcus raised me along with his brother Carlos, they're father figures to Nate and me. If either of you has a problem, take it up with me and you'll end up like Arianna over there with a black eye and crooked nose." Val says sternly, eying everybody.

"Carlos Garcia? Interesting —" Uncle Sergio mutters before leaving with his wife and daughter following him.

Wonder what that was about...

I have no clue what the fuck is going on and why Marcus is here but he helped Val and Nate and raised them so I respect the man and am thankful for what he and his brother have done.

Dad walks up to Marcus and shakes his hand and thanks to him for everything he's done for them, welcoming him into our home.

"Does someone want to explain to me what's happening?" Stefano grunts out bewildered.

Everyone avoids eye contact with Nonno, leaving me to speak, "follow me to my office Nonno, we have a lot to talk about."

D I A V O L A

"Dude your family is fucking crazy compared to mine

"Dude your family is fucking crazy compared to mine. It's only been not even a week and so much has happened already," Andrè says.

He isn't wrong, since our family has come there's been nothing but drama or something happening. It usually involves Valentina, poor thing can't catch a damn break. For the most part, everyone is getting along except for Uncle Sergio and his family, they're avoiding everyone like the plague.

Suspicious as fuck if you ask me.

Now Marcus Garcia is here and our grandfather isn't happy about it. No one has told him about Val being Diavola yet and her upbringing but I guess that's what Luciano is doing now, I'd hate to be him.

"Alec, Emèlia, and I are starting to feel a little awkward around here with all the tension and drama so we'll be going home tonight. I hope you don't mind," Andrè whispers, so he doesn't offend any of my relatives sitting around in the movie room.

"It's all good, I'd leave too if I could," I replied shrugging.

Someone bangs the door open to the movie room, "when the fuck were you all going to tell me about Valentina being Diavola?" Nonno yells, glaring at us all.

"I was going to tell you but with everything that's going on, it hasn't been the right time. Relax old man, if you have any questions I'm happy to sit down and talk," Val says walking in the room with Nate and Marcus.

Stefano shakes his head in disbelief, "it's just a shock is all," he mutters before leaving the room with the adults following him leaving all us kids in here.

"Does dickwad know about me?" Val asks taking a seat next to me and leaning her head on my shoulder, I wrap my arm around her.

Lately, we haven't been able to spend any time together with what's going on, hopefully, when all this is over we can hang out more, I miss our bonding time. I feel like she's the only sibling she gets me.

"Who's dickwad?" Calvino one of the triplets asks confused.

"The guy whose daughter I punched. I don't even know his name, he never introduced himself." She says.

"Oh you mean our dear uncle Sergio, no we haven't told him and I'm pretty sure our parents haven't either. No one trusts him." Ciro another of the triplets says.

"Good, it'll make killing him easier." She says nonchalantly whilst we all stare at her jaws slacked, gaping.

"What are you fucking talking about Val? You're not serious, you aren't killing our uncle," Dom insists.

"I guess we'll see how the ball goes tomorrow, we should all get some rest. It's going to be a long and tiring day." She yawns getting up and leaving with Nate and Marcus follows.

"I guess that's our cue to leave, we'll see you all tomorrow at the ball," Andrè announces getting up and saying goodbyes, Em and Alec doing the same.

I quietly leave the movie room and go to my room and find Val laying in my bed snuggled up, "I hope you don't mind me sleeping here, I gave my room to Marcus."

"It's fine Val, slide over a little," I whisper, she slides over making some room to jump in.

"I need you to do me a favor Gio," she murmurs, laying her head on my chest.

"Anything," I whisper, bringing her closer to me.

"Viktor is going to take me tomorrow, do not track me or try to find me. I need him to take me so I can kill him, otherwise, the bastard will keep running. I need you to stall our family as much as you can."

"I promise Val, I won't tell anyone. How long have you been planning this?" I ask curiously.

"Since I've returned, I'm not going to reveal my plan because then I'll jinx myself and I don't want that," she sighs gripping my shirt and sniffing it.

"You're fucking weird, you know that?"

"I know," she whispers.