54 | Family

Our dear Uncle Sergio is begging for his life, do I feel guilty? Not really

Our dear Uncle Sergio is begging for his life, do I feel guilty? Not really. He wanted to hurt Valentina, he wanted to hurt us, for what? Power? Who does that to their family, their loved ones? I knew he despised us but I didn't think he'd go as far as trying to hell kill us.

Valentina has said she won't be joining in with us but she'll finish him off, whatever that means. My grandfather, father, and I are standing in front of Sergio glaring at him.

"Please — we're family." he cries out.

Valentina's laugh echoes through the basement, "family?" She scoffs, "you don't know the meaning of it." She spits at him.

"He knows nothing, so don't bother trying to get information. He's not important in Viktor's plan he was just a pawn," she smiles.

She walks over to where she has a sound system set up and connects her phone to the Bluetooth, "wouldn't want the children hearing your screams now would we?" She chuckles before picking a song that I recognize as 'Coming Undone by Korn'.

A/N — The song is above, just a warning if you're wearing headphones turn the volume down just in case since it is a heavy metal song and band. I don't want you to shit yourself.

She turns it up so loud I can barely hear myself think. I gape at her and raise an eyebrow, I was not expecting her to pick a song like this, she shrugs at me before she starts headbanging to the song. She takes a seat and leans back, lifting her legs and resting them on the weapons table, and smiles widely at us.

I shake my head at her before turning around to face Sergio, I watch as Nonno walks over to the table and grabs a dagger, and starts cutting his shirt off. Once Nonno is done cutting it off, he cuts him a couple of times but not too deep where he bleeds out.

Sergios screams and pleas are drowned out by the music. Dad walks over and starts punching him in the face with so much force I'm surprised Sergio's neck isn't broken. Before I'm able to walk up to him Val stops me looking at her phone, she signals for me to wait as she disappears upstairs.

As we wait for her for what feels like hours she finally descends the stairs with a wide grin and a twinkle in her eyes, I notice she didn't come alone.

Rafael and Santiago walk in with Arianna and Gia, Sergio's wife and daughter. They're blindfolded and bound, crying by the looks of it, scared no doubt.

Val grabs two more chairs and places them on either side of Sergio as her men tie the woman up to a chair each. Val removes their blindfolds and looks at them with a sickly sweet smile.

Sergio's eyes widen when he sees them both beside him, he starts thrashing around in his chair and starts yelling but we can't hear him and Val mocks him by holding a hand to ear saying to speak louder and laughing.

Val walks over to the weapons table and grabs a pair of scissors she then strides over to Arianna and starts cutting her hair, all over the place leaving bald patches in some areas. Tears run down Arianna's face even more now before Val plunges the scissors into Arianna's leg.

Sergio tries to lunge at Val but I punch him in the face, breaking his nose. Val walks over to the table again and grabs a gun this time and aims it at Gia's knee shooting it and then shooting at her other knee.

After that Val walks back over to the seat she previously sat at and sits in it again, still headbanging to the music and mouthing the lyrics then waves me to continue with a smirk etched on her face.

D I A V O L A

We've been waiting upstairs with the rest of the family for what feels like a lifetime since Stefano, dad, Luc, and Val went down there

We've been waiting upstairs with the rest of the family for what feels like a lifetime since Stefano, dad, Luc, and Val went down there. The only time any of them came up was when Val went to the door and her men had Aunt Gia and our cousin Arianna and then escorted them down to the basement.

I don't think I can sit here any longer, my leg is bouncing up and down because of nerves. Sure I want them to suffer but this is just taking forever, I'm sure they're not going to provide any information.

Having enough of waiting around I get up off the couch and head towards the basement door, ignoring my family calling out. I make my way down the stairs and what I see is something I'm used to but when it's family I guess it hits different.

They haven't noticed my presence since the music is so loud down here, I walk over and grab a gun off the table and shoot Sergio in the head, killing him instantly before moving my aim to Gia.

Before I can kill her, she's already shot in the head between the eyes and the same goes for Arianna, I see Val standing beside me in my peripheral vision with a gun in her hand.

She walks over and turns the music off, everyone in the room moves their gaze to her and we all watch her every move. She then addresses Rafael and Santiago, "cut off their heads as well as Cecelia and send them to Viktor, let it be a message. He's fucked with the wrong girl, I want his head next." They both nod their heads and start to drag the bodies away.

She leaves the cell heading back upstairs. I turn around to face my grandfather, father, and brother who are all wearing proud smiles on their faces.

We are one fucked up family.