36 hours

At the power station the custodian opens the crate. Finding Zemo's large device inside, he looks confused. The driver is at the back door of his van.

Custodian: Hey, was ist das? (Hey. What is this?)

Delivery Truck Driver: Ich weiß es nicht. (I don't know.)

The device erupts. A bubble of energy engulfs the power station and sparks fly. In the city traffic lights fail. In the bunker the lights go out.

Everett Ross: Great. Come on, guys, get me eyes on Barnes. Go.

Tony Stark: FRIDAY, get me the source of that outage.

y/n: Aleya?

Aleya: On it.

Sharon Carter: Sub-level 5, east wing. 

T'Challa spots Steve and Sam bolting.

Bucky Barnes: What the hell is this?

Doctor: Why don't we discuss your home? Not Romania. Certainly not Brooklyn, no. I mean, your real home. 

He removes his glasses then walks towards Bucky reading from the red book by torchlight.

Doctor: Желание. (Longing.)

Bucky Barnes: No. 

Bucky's head snaps back.

Helmut Zemo: Ржавый. (Rusted.)

Bucky Barnes: Stop.

Doctor: Семнадцать. (Seventeen.)

Bucky's metal arm trembles in its restraint.

Bucky Barnes: Stop. 

He sneers angrily.

Doctor: Рассвет. (Daybreak.)

Bucky screams, clenches his fist and rips free of his restraints.

Doctor: Печь. (Furnace.) Девять. (Nine.)

Bucky thumps the inside of the pod.

Doctor: Добросердечный. (Benign.)

Bucky punches harder.

Doctor: Возвращение на Родину. (Homecoming.) Один. (One.) Грузовой вагон. ( Freight car.)

Bucky batteres the front of the pod with his metal fist and the glass screen flies clear. Zemo slowly rounds the pod with the book and the torch in hand. he stands before Bucky who straightens, a dark frown on his face.

Doctor: Солдат? (Soldier?)

Bucky Barnes: Я готов отвечать. (Ready to comply.)

Doctor: Mission report. December 16, 1991.

Steve and Sam arrive outside the chamber. Red emergency lights flash all around. There are many agents slumped on the floor. All of them out cold.

Doctor: Help me. Help.

Steve finds the doctor in a heap inside the chamber.

Steve Rogers Get up. 

He grabs him and shoves him against the wall.

Steve Rogers: Who are you? What do you want?

Doctor: To see an empire fall.

As Sam enters Bucky swings his fist which smashes through the wall as Sam ducks. Bucky grabs him by the jaw and throws him at the open pod. Steve lurches into the fight and lands a punch which Bucky barely feels. Bucky kicks and punches Steve out of the chamber. A punch from Bucky goes through the elevator door. Steve blocks the next one but the power of Bucky's fist sends Steve tumbling into the darkened elevator shaft. In the chamber Sam comes around and spots the doctor looking down the elevator shaft.