The hardest choice

The remaining Guardians and Avengers are dealing with the gravitic aftermath of dumping a large chunk of moon onto an unstable planet's surface. The unconscious Guardians are flying upwards uncontrollably, moon-chunks are still making fiery ballistic in-bounds, and random debris and massive rocks are floating in any possible direction. Spider-Man is well-equipped to handle this physically, even if he's freaking out emotionally.

Peter Parker: I got you! I got you! I'm sorry I can't remember anybody's names! 

y/n continues to writhe in pain before breaking out into laughter, he had been faking it the whole time.

Thanos: I don't understand.

y/n: Well you know how unreliable tech is these days.

Thanos: These stones are the oldest things in existence.

y/n: Well maybe it's run out of battery?

Thanos: INFINITY STONES DO NOT RUN ON BATTERIES!

y/n: Ok well... oh! I got it! I'm from a different universe right.

Thanos: Right..?

y/n: So if the soul stone has dominion over the souls of this universe then mine doesn't count does it?

Thanos: Oh. I guess not. I'll just kill you another way!

Thanos fires up all other stones.

y/n: Don't think you will. Bye!

y/n falls through one of Strange's portals which materialised below him.The Cloak of Levitation sets Doctor Strange down on a relatively stable outcrop. The Sorcerer Supreme makes a few passes with his hands, producing the familiar golden magic filigree circles, and slams his hands down on the rock before him, invoking the Seven Suns of Cinnibus as a lightning-like effect of immense heat jumping from rock to rock until it reaches Thanos, sending him flying, but he makes use of the erratic gravity to keep control and fire back a blast from the Power Stone. Doctor Strange blocks the purple plume with a wall of Mirror Dimension, which he then pushes back at Thanos. He shatters the wall with the Power Stone, and suctions the magic into a miniature black hole with the Space Stone, volleying it back at Doctor Strange. Just in time, Doctor Strange raises a shield and changes the dark energy into a swarm of aqua butterflies which return to their master. Before Thanos can counterattack again, Doctor Strange levitates and invokes the Images of Ikonn, giving him arms like a Hindu deity before dozens of Strange replications rush away, forming a circular wall around a snarling Thanos. They call cast magical cords, wrapping around Thanos' torso, arms and hands; he struggles to close his gauntleted fist, and uses the Soul and Power Stones to discover the real Doctor Strange among the many copies, blowing the duplicates away and sending the singular Doctor Strange reeling. Reality and Space pull Doctor Strange forward, Thanos grasping him by the throat once in range. Doctor Strange grabs futilely at Thanos' hand.

Thanos: You're full of tricks, wizard.

Stephen Strange: No!

He snaps the Eye off its chain.

Thanos: Yet you never once used your greatest weapon. 

He crushes it in his bare hand.

Thanos: A fake. 

He throws Doctor Strange hard enough that Doctor Strange's head hits stone and he passes out. Almost simultaneously, a red and gold device slaps into the palm of the Infinity Gauntlet, bracing the fingers open; and a red and gold Avenger makes a fast and hard entrance.

Tony Stark: You throw another moon at me, and I'm gonna lose it.

Thanos: Stark.

Tony Stark: You know me?