Contest of champions

Grandmaster, y/n and Thor arrive at a space where A group of musicians play strange instruments. Grandmaster joins them, still speaking to Thor and y/n. Grandmaster begins playing a strange piano-like contraption, riffing a melody over the existing music.

Grandmaster: My name is Grandmaster. I preside over a little harlequinade called the Contest of Champions. People come from far and wide to unwillingly participate in it. And you, my friend, might just be part of the new cast. What do you say to that? 

Thor: We're not friends, and I don't give a shit about your games! I'm going back to Asgard! 

Grandmaster: Ass-gard? One, two, three, four.

Grandmaster really gets into his playing. Grandmaster's guards and VIP guests start moving to the music. Thor takes a moment to look around at this bizarre spectacle unfolding around him. In doing so, he zeroes in on one particular group of VIPS, specifically... Loki. He's lounging and dressed in Sakaarian garb.

Loki: There was a wormhole in space and time beneath me. At that moment, I let go. 

His crowd laughs.

Thor: Loki!? Loki! Over here!

Loki notices y/n and Thor, blanches a little and sidles closer so as to speak to them without looking like he's speaking to them.

Loki: Excuse me one second. 

Thor: Loki! 

Loki hustles over to Thor, shushing him.

Loki: What? You're alive? 

Thor: Yes, of course I'm alive. 

Loki: What are you doing here? 

y/n: What do you mean, what are we doing? We're stuck in these stupid chairs. Where's your chair? 

Loki: I didn't get a chair. 

Thor: Get us out of these ones. 

Loki: I can't. 

Thor: What? 

Loki: I've made friends with this man. He's called the Grandmaster. 

y/n: Oh, he's crazy! 

Loki: I've gained his favor.. The Bi-Frost brought me out here weeks ago. 

Thor: Weeks ago? We just got here.

Suddenly Grandmaster is right next to them.

Grandmaster: What are you whispering about?

Both Thor and Loki react, startled, y/n isn't phased.

Grandmaster: Time works real different around these parts. On any other world, I'd be like, millions of years old. But here on Sakaar...

y/n: Eww...

Grandmaster beholds himself. Then turns to Loki. A truly uncomfortable silence.

Grandmaster: In any case, you know y/n and this... You call yourself Lord of Thunder? 

Thor: God of Thunder. Tell him. 

Loki: I've never met these men in my life. 

Thor: He's my brother. 

Loki: Adopted. 

Grandmaster: Is he any kind of a fighter?

Loki shrugs, gives the universal gesture for "so-so."