The Patriot Supreme

Lakeside, Tony, Steve, Thor, Clint, y/n and Bruce are mourning their fallen teammate and friend.

Tony Stark: Do we know if she had family?

Steve Rodgers: Yeah. Us.

y/n: And some folks in Russia but they're kinda busy at the moment.

Thor: What?

Tony Stark: I just asked him a question–

Thor: Yeah, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones, Cap, we can bring her back, isn't that right? So stop this shit. We're the Avengers, get it together.

y/n: We can't get her back.

Thor: Wha– what?

Clint Barton: It can't be undone. It can't.

Thor dryly laughs before turning to Clint.

Thor: I'm sorry. No offense, but you're a very earthly being. Okay? We're talking about space magic. And "can't" seems very definitive don't you think?

Clint Barton: Yeah, look, I know that I'm way outside my paygrade here. But she still isn't here, is she?

Thor: No, that's my point–

Clint Barton: It can't- be undone. Or that's at least what the red floating guy had to say. Maybe you wanna go talk to him, okay? GO GRAB YOUR HAMMER, AND YOU GO FLY AND TALK TO HIM!

Clint's anger is quickly replaced with grief.

Clint Barton: It was supposed to be me. She sacrificed her life for that goddamn stone. She bet her life on it.

In a burst of anger, Bruce grabs a bench and hurls it clear across the lake. His anger spent, he turns to the others with a resigned look on his face. y/n grabs Clint's shoulder and lightly hugs him.

Bruce Banner: She's not coming back. We have to make it worth it. We have to.

Steve Rogers: We will.

Cut to inside the Avenger's Lab. Tony carefully places the stones in the gauntlet he made while Bruce and Rocket watch. With nervous precision, Tony manipulates the machine and carefully places all six stones into the gauntlet

Rocket: Boom!

Tony and Bruce jump a bit, and quickly groan at Rocket's joke. y/n walks in. Tony notices y/n's Wakandan patriot armour.

Tony Stark: Oh for god's sake.

y/n: What?

Tony Stark: I forgot to give you your case.

y/n: My what?

Tony jogs off, he comes back a few minutes with a green version of the old 'Civil Warrior suitcase'.

Tony Stark: Put it on.

y/n: Is this... is this what I think it is?

Tony Stark: Mmm, kinda. I made some minor adjustments, colour and such.

y/n excitedly flips open the suitcase. Instead of the suit actually being the suitcase like before, a nanotech mould shot out of the suitcase and attached itself to y/n's chest. It is a yellow version of Tony's Arc Reactor. He grins and taps it. The suit forms around him much like tony's suit did in 'Avengers Infinity War'. The empty suitcase then mores to form the shield.

y/n: Holy shit!

The shield was not a circular one like his old shield. Instead it had a more classic design.