chapter 13

It's been 3weeks today .
I have been in Abuja for 3weeks . I haven't set my eyes on Mr shagari. I have been in the room. Should I say bed rest? Sometimes hannatu cheer me up.

I had become like khadijah in watching zeeworld series. I have been watching different series on zeeworld for the past 3weeks. 'Twist of fate ' was on screen. Very annoying film. I just watch it because I have nothing to do.

The boss is on his way. Hannatu rushed in banging the door.

Okay. I covered my head with a veil because I was wearing non.

She bowed her head down as he entered.

Good day. He sat on the couch.

Good evening.

Evening . How are you feeling?

I'm fine.

Sorry I haven't been checking up on you. I just got hooked up with work. He explained.

It's alright. I smiled.

You can leave. He said to hannatu.

Madam. Can I be of any help? Can I know your story?

My husband divorced me a month ago, my parents are late. I don't have anywhere to go that's why I came here?

Do you know anybody from Abuja?

No.

So?

I came here in search of help.

Of what help can I be?

Shelter. I began crying.

Ohhhh.... No, you don't have to cry. He passed me the tissue case. I'm going to help you insha Allah. You don't have to worry. I know this guest house is too small but I'll get you a better place to stay very soon.
I couldn't stop crying.

It's okay. Calm down. What do you think about going for shopping tomorrow? Will that cheer you up?

I gave a short smile.

Goodnight. He left.

IDK that this kind men still exist. Unlike my husband.

I slept.

The next day.
Guess what?
What?. I balanced the phone on my ear.
Ammi just got rid of another pregnancy. Mubarak is fumming. Letting out his anger at me as if I'm ammi.
I told you severally not to update me on anything happening in that house.
Okay, okay. I'll try but....
No buts. Just do as I say. Make sure you take care of yourself and do as they say to avoid being scolded.
You too. You need care not me. Hope that hannatu takes care of you?
Yeah. She is trying her best. We went for shopping today. We spent almost a million. We bought lots of things. Even a phone.
Wow! That's great. Hope you haven't forgotten about antinatal .
I'll begin soon.
I'll hang up now . That stupid lady is in the living room and I'm in the kitchen. To avoid suspicion, I'll hang up.
Oh. Bye. I smiled.
Bye. Take care. She ended the call.
I smiled at the screen.

Sowwiiee have not been updating. Hey is an appetizer. Love y'all.
I don't know if it's boring cuz I don't get comments as expected.