chapter 15

Days later....

Salma's pov

A knock on my door.
"Who is it? "I asked.

"Shagari . "He replied.

Oh. I opened the door.

"Good evening." I greeted with my eyes down.

"Evening .please have a seat. Salma. I had prepared an apartment for you you will be moving there in two days."

"Wow! For me? "Surprisingly.

"Yes. Hannatu will come with you since you are used to each other. "

"OMG! I'm speechless. You are doing all of this for a stranger? "

"Hey! Don't ever say that. You are my guest it's my responsibility to make sure you are okay. "

"Sir shagari, words can't express how happy I am. Thank you. Thank you so much. "Tears began to drop.

"Why do you always cry? You cry alot."

"It's just a way of showing appreciation. "

"If you have to cry then don't show appreciation. "

I furrowed my brows.

"We will go see my mom tomorrow evening. Now smile. "He touched my cheeks.

"Okay. "I smiled.

"I'll leave. "He stood up.

"Goodnight." I smiled as he left.

I wiped off my tears.

Bauchi.
"Malam ina da magana (malam I have something to discuss with you)."

Hajiya sat down on the carpet with her legs folded.

"Inaji ( Im all ears). "He continued with the newspaper.

"Yar aikin salma, bikisu, munyi magana dazun and she made some complaint ."

"What complaint? "

"About Mubarak and salma. "

"Lallai kin San me kike fadi Kuwa ?(Do you know what you are talking about?). "He threw away the newspaper.

"Wato Tayi laifi kohh? Sai Naci ubanta". He stood on his feets.

Hajiya squatted.

"Allah ya Baka hakuri. "She pleaded.

"Hala he gave an order which she didn't follow. I'll make sure I leave no bone under her flesh by the time I'm done with her. Call her right now." He ordered.

"How will I?..... Hajiya wiped off her face which is full of tears.

Khadijah bagged in.

"I wish I never knew you. I wish I had never stepped my foot into this house. I wish you were not my father, that I had to bear your name. "She shouted.

Malam is shocked.

"You brought us up in a very stupid, strict and old fashioned way. You force your kids to do alot of things which the Almighty is against some of them. "Khadijah.

A hot, mighty, large, big slap landed on khadijah's face.

Malam is now fumming.

"Look at your daughter. Look at what she is saying to her father. "malam looked at hajiya who has been crying.

"The highest thing you can do is to hit me. It's not as if you are capable of taking my life. Now, sister Sally is no where to be found. That foolish husband of her has been maltreating her. "Khadijah cried.

"You dared to say this to me. I'll deal with you. "Malam said angrily.

"Khadijah. You are just adding salts to the wounds. Please leave from here." Hajiya.

Khadijah turned to the door angrily. She grabbed the door knob and open then turned back.

"Yes. I can't change my identity. I'm Khadijah. Khadijah Habibu Arfa. I'm not Aisha nor am I Salma . You can rule on me wrongly." Khadijah left banging the door.

Malam walked out of the room.

At Khadijah's pov (Her room).
I layed on top of my stomach as tears roll down my check .

"Conference call. "I suggested.

I called sister Aisha and brother.

It connected.

"Aslm. "Sister Aisha.

"Wslm." Brother.

"Kiddo. What's wrong? Brother yusuf.

Why are you crying. Sister Aisha.

I confronted Malam today. "I wiped off my face.

"Is that the reason for the red and swollen eye balls? "Brother.

"What did you confront him about?" Sister Aisha.

"About my sister. Sister Aisha Sally has left that house for weeks now. " Khadijah.

"God! "Brother.

"Aleast she is doing fine." Sister Aisha.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I knew about everything from the start. "Sister Aisha.

"So you knew she was going to run away?" Brother Aisha.

"She didn't run she left his house for good. "Sister Aisha said adjusting her headphone.

"I'm confused . What are you guys talking about? "Brother scratched his head.

"Mubarak has been maltreating her since day one. He didn't even show up on their wedding nights. She has been pretending and enduring. He was no good. That violence was much so she left. "Sister Aisha explained.

"Excuse me. Who was being maltreated and who left? "Brother.

"Sister Salma. "Khadijah.

"And you knew about all of this?" Brother asked angrily.

"I couldn't do anything. I can't tell Hajiya neither Malam because nothing will change". Sister Aisha.

"Aisha. Your blood was not feeling well, she was being maltreated and you knew. You couldn't even tell me. This is about your character I always complained about. You knew something and you kept it to yourself." Brother.

"Brother. It's not like that. I promised her that I wouldn't tell any of you." Sister Aisha.

"Haven't we known now? You have just ruined her life. "Brother.

"I'm sorry." She pleaded.

"You took after Malam. "Brother said disappointed .

"I always say that remember?" I said.
"Where is she? "Brother.

"At Abuja." S.A (sister Aisha)

"Whose place? "Brother.

"Safe hands. "S. A.

"Seems your crazy." Brother shouted.

"USMAN SHAGARI. "S. A.

"Her crush." I shouted.

"Share her number I'll call her in the next 10hours . You all should go to bed her ordered".

I disconnected .

Finally she met with her dream guy. I rested my head on the pillow.

Dozed off..... 😴 😴 😴.

The next morning........

Hello guys. Good evening. How was the chappy?.
How you enjoyed how Khadijah para for her p man. E no nice but sha... D papa fuck up.

Pls vote, comment and share .
Love you.