chapter 18

Bauchi.....
A week later.....

Mubarak's pov.

At the Amingo hotels.

She forgot her phone. I found Ammi's phone on the car seat. She just dropped from the car, I'm sure she hasn't gotten to her room already.
I open the door, and then to the hotel's entrance.

Oh no. She has left. I have to ask the receptionist. I scratched my head in the middle of the reception.

"I'm looking for Mrs Amina Mubarak. The lady that just entered".

"Do you have an Appointment with her?" she asked.

"No, no. I'm her husband. She left her phone in the car so I came to return it".
The receptionist looks so surprised.
Her mouth opened wide.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah... Yes. I'm fine". She looked into the Computer.

"After 2mins ..... The lady that just passed bares Amina Mahmud not Mubarak".

"What!" I shouted. Even if she didn't want to bear Mubarak she would bear Aliyu which was her surname. Why mahmud? I said in my mind.

"What's the room number?" I asked.

"203....." She replied. "That's the way to the elevator". She directed.

"Thank you". I left.

Something is fishy... As lots of things went round my head.

Ammi's pov.

"Baby". I hugged Mahmud.

"What took you so late?" he asked. 

"Baby. That fool made me spend 30 minutes making him dinner". I complained.

"You could have rejected it".

"Baby. We are talking about property. I'll even cut all of my hair just to get them".

"Hope you didn't let him touch you?". He asked.

"Nahh. We wanted but I stopped him".

"Babe, we have to leave for America in the next few days. Make him sign the property papers".

"Baby I'm trying my best. I heard that his sister is coming tomorrow. I don't even know.... I promise to make him sign the papers tomorrow morning before she arrives because I know there will be a lot of drama after she arrives tomorrow. "

"Baby. I don't care. I just want you to make him sign those papers".

"I'll will baby don't worry". I pushed him on the bed.

The door opened wide.

It is Mubarak, staring at me angrily.

"My love I....." I try to speak.

"Don't talk!" He shunned. Immediately. He left.

"I'm doomed". Ammi shouted. What do we do?" She asked Mahmud.

"Baby, baby. Calm down first". He hugged her. "Just..... Follow him and go make him sign the papers".

"Seems you are crazy". I shouted. "You want me to go after an angry person and you know Mubarak's temper".

"Ooh. You calm down first. sit". He sat me down. "Go into the bathroom and shower then you lay down and sleep. Tomorrow morning. We will find a plan".

I shook my head.

Mubarak's pov.

Tears filled my eyes. "OMG!"

Never have I ever thought that Ammi would do this to me. O lord! I cried as I drove recklessly on the road.