Chapter 41

Right after I returned to my spot with the other students, ignoring the stares. The teachers were all quick to gather themselves. The hero Midnight, began announcing what was going to happen now that the student oath was finished with and now that everyone was ready to begin starting with everything. She swung her whip down and turned over to the big bright screen behind her at the stadium.

"NOW!! Without any delay, let's get the first event started," she raised her voiced, excited and the screen showed something spinning like a spin the wheel. "THESE ARE THE QUALIFIERS! IT'S IN THIS STAGE THAT SO MANY ARE SENT HOME CRYING EVERY YEAR!!"

"THIS!!!"

The screen stop and appeared some words on the screen.

Obstacle Course Race

"It's a race between every member of all eleven classes! The course is a four kilometer lap around the stadium itself! Our school preachers freedom in all things! Heh heh heh..." A section of the stadium began to open up. Unfazed the heroes stayed examining us, I turned my thoughts off, listening to Midnights rant about the course. Most of the students looked at the long path ahead in awe, some were actually nervously, taking deep breaths. "So as long as you don't go off the course, anything is fair game! Racers to your positions..."

There towered above us near the path, sat three lights in the shape of a circle. I, as well as the rest of my classmates, gathered to the front of the small runway. The one lights on the very left blinked off with a small ding and then it was the one in the middles turn. I wasn't even feeling ready, but I guess it was a heroes job to always be prepared for anything. I adjusted the watch on my wrist, standing in my place. I guess it would be the perfect time to see if this gadget is valuable. I took a small glance at the mirror around my wrist as the last ding could be heard.

"Ding!"

LET'S GO!

Ah! They need to stop thinking all at once...

After the last ding, we were now aloud to run the course. The teacher screamed loudly into the mic, also telling us.

"STARRRRRTTTTTT!!!!"

All at the same time, the classes ran down the tunnel, pushing and shoving. With there being almost 11 classes participating, this was going to be hard. Someone dug there shoulder into mine and I did the same. Grunting, I was surprisingly pushed forward and into a small greenette boy.

"THE...STARTING GATE'S TOO NARROW!!" The boy struggled with his words, getting elbowed in the fast as we slowly moved along the walkway. With no greeting, we both squeezed our way through. I didn't even want to turn my thoughts on. It wouldn't help when all the other students are probably thinking the same thing.

THIS SHITS TOO CROWDED!

My brain turned off when I saw a streak of ice pass by. I knew exactly who fired that shot. Hoping the boy beside me would understand, I kicked my foot onto someone's head with bear ears. Never in my life, had I crowd surfed...but today was the day.

I took big steps and heard different students from other classes groaning as I jumped onto them. Their head, shoulder, ears, I jumped on the first thing I saw. I spotted the light at the end of the tunnel as most students started to gather out slowly.

I leaped forward, jumping onto one last person who looked normal besides the crow hands and hopped off of them fast, running in front of everyone like a wild animal. My feet were quick to dig into the ice. With big and heavy steps, with the help of my green eyes quirk, I was able to break the the ice around me and run towards the boy.