Chapter 50

"You can do it!" Some fluffy hair flew in the wind and a gentle, soft, loving hand held mine. Izuku. I smiled back at him and simply nodded, feeling a rise of hope again. I stood up and adjusting my gym uniform.

I was stuck in a daze for a second there. Doubting my abilities to win. I was about to go up against one of my classmates. A strong one. Even though they could all kick my ass at any given moment.

"Damn," cursing to myself, I stood up, walking away. I glanced over to my friends one last time. I put a hand over my face and sighed, cringing a bit. "I'm all talk so try not to laugh too hard when I lose."

Your friends gave you this "huh?" look.

"Don't doubt yourself so early," the strict class president karate chopped a hand out. I could only smile, still strolling towards the back rooms of the stadium.

I couldn't help it. I started to break out into a slow run, running down the hall towards the ring.

As I was running, I started to feel nervous. I didn't know if I was ready for my first fight, being observed by thousands of pro heroes. Not even were they just watching, this was like the Olympics. Everyone was watching. Heroes, parents, villains...the list varies.

You ran and kept at it until you stopped, about to enter the ring. You could see a long row of seats where spectators sit and watch the competition. There were so many people. So many heroes. I let out one last curse, fixing my hair before walking out. That run I just did was gonna do me some damage for this fight.

As you entered the arena, the crowd was cheering. You could hear and see the cheers now. They were louder than ever.

You walk out, head tilted slightly down, walking forward. Your teeth chattered non visibly and your heart thumped. Your speed Quirk was at its limit. Purple eyes. You didn't know how you were gonna beat your opponent. Kaminari had some sort of a lightning Quirk. You weren't sure what to do. You didn't want to lose. You were nervous and your mind was telling you to quit. His only weakness you knew of had to do with overusing his Quirk, which you hoped you wouldn't get to that point...

Present Mic started screaming into the mic. Happily announcing ours names with a way too long description. You stared down, looking at your watch, then toward your opponent. Kaminari. They were grinning stupidly, excited to fight probably. You knew then and there you were about to get your ass kicked. But you still had hope. The crowd cheered and waved their hands around crazily. You stopped in place and waited for the go. The go that would unleash your loss. My eyes squinted. The only thing I could think of was how I would have to quickly knock this guy out while also moving very slow. That or lose on live television. You did not want your fight to be the replay of the festival people watch on their television. Yeah there was no end to it. There wouldn't be a good outcome. You weren't sure how Kaminari would go about this fight either. So there's that.

"WITH THE ARENA THAWED OUT, IT'S TIME FOR THE NEXT MATCH!! BOTH FROM CLASS 1-A AGAIN! WE HAVE THE BEES KNEES, (Y/N) (L/N)!! Versus...! THE SPARKING KILLING BOY! DENKI KAMINARI!!"

A weird choice of words. I started to move slowly. I knew I had to keep my cool.

"START," your teacher shouted.

Already?!

I cringed at the words and looked up towards my friend with the blonde hair and streak of black hair, my opponent.

"I know you were all talk about winning, but maybe we can go out after your loss," the boy chatted with me before readying up his Quirk.