Chapter 55

"You're pathetic...," the male in front of you expressed with a low whisper. His spiky ash blonde hair stayed exactly in place as he angrily threw his head down and let out a scream. "IF THAT DAMN QUIRK OF YOURS HADN'T CHANGED I WOULD BE FIGHTING THAT ICYHOT RIGHT NOW."

Oh, how Bakugou was so great with nicknames. Not even you could come up with the ones as stupid as his.

"START!"

"NOW DIEEEEE!" The explosion boy charged at you. This was for sure the end.

"You have to be serious...?" I muttered out, finally removing some of the hair from my face. My eyes went up.

Katsuki wildly charged at me like a bull who smoked ten packs. While I just stood in place like a frozen deer in the road. Your opponent stopped when it looked right to him and just threw a wave of explosives at you. I would've called this unfair if I didn't know that's exactly what'd he do. Didn't need a plan for this part. It was just obvious he'd do that same old right hook. He still continued with it though. Even if he knew I could read him like a book.

I threw an actual wave back at him. A wave of water that is. I had to defend the attack off and still continue to go strong. Just because I had a rough fight before would not mean he'd hold back. He's probably more mad that he has to fight me instead of Todoroki. Oh crappp!

Bakugou took his chances and grabbed my arm, near the shoulder, and slammed me straight to the ground.

"YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO BEG FOR MERCY IF YOU WANT OUT!" He gritted his teeth, it turned into a grin slowly as his hand raised into the air, you could hear the crackles and pops coming from his hand.

My hands curled by my side. I slid them sneaky over my sides and towards my stomach. Facing his way. I cuffed them and inched them a little closer before he could get his move on me first. A rise of water rushed out of the palms of my hands and towards the ash blonde boy's way. It went in a steady stream like a fountain of water, but it was also dense, knocking the boy backwards. This gave me the chance to get up and recover myself.

"Sorry, but no can do Katsuki," I breathed out. Already out of breath? I swallowed, wincing as my mouth was super dry. Bakugou seemed to barely feel my attack. He winced, but immediately came charging back.

Double crap!

I leaned back while he threw an attack at me. I had to take this one like a champ. My Quirk was already so low on power and we just started.

Dear god did he take advantage of that though. I stumbled back, eyes squinted. Then it didn't even take seconds for him to grab me by my wrist. How it hurt to feel my wrist crackling with sparks and heat from his Quirk. You must've been light in his eyes, because he swiftly twirled you and threw you across the ring. I closed my eyes and took a tumble, having to bare with it. When my hands were able to touch the hard concreted ground, I let out a bunch of curses. My eyes opened and my head was just hovering over the out of bounds line. Part of you actually debating on losing this fighting. Other part of you wanted to win this and see how winning this would effect Bakugou's ego.

This dude didn't even give you a break. He charged again. Coming my exact way. This made my adrenaline run wild. He didn't even give me a chance to keep debating if I wanted to keep going or not, I had to get up or I'd be burnt toast with a side of crumbs.

Best option: I decided to pull an Izuku. My legs started going fast and I was out of there, almost making the explosion boy trip over himself with how fast I was going. Wasn't a fast runner, just felt the panic burning into my body. I threw my head up and breathed out a few suffocating breaths of air. Now, I was on the other side of the rink from him. Still, I wasn't safe. Felt like a game of tango. My hands clasped and went straight to the ground. I wasn't going to play. Making the first move would be my better option. Well maybe.