FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR
cherry blossom

CHAPTER FOUR╰ cherry blossom

"Hi I'm Wanda."

"I'm Daisy, nice to meet you."

...

"Who is that?"

"Cap's old friend, he used to be the Winter Soldier, now he goes by Bu-"

...

"You sure about this?"

"I can't trust my own mind. So, until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head I think going back under is the best thing . . . for everybody."

"I'm gonna miss you."

"You'll be the first person to know when I'm out of the ice, I promise."

...

"You're saying Vision isn't just the stone?"

"I'm saying that if we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of Vision left. Perhaps the best parts."

...

"I need to find Vision's body, Daisy. I need to bury him, that's the least I can do."

"I promise you Wanda, I've got your back, no matter what."

Daisy woke up in a cold sweat and her headache from the day before had yet to disappear. The words from her nightmare were still echoing through Daisy's mind, it had all felt so incredibly real. Her mind couldn't begin to comprehend why Wanda and Vision were in her nightmare, but Daisy didn't have time to dwell on what had happened in her dream world; she was already late for work.

"Good morning Dennis! I apologize for being late, my alarm clock decided to take the day off." Daisy quickly explained to the delivery man while she unlocked the door to her shop.

"Oh it's alright, it happens to the best of us! Besides, I haven't been waiting long." Dennis replied with a friendly smile and started unloading boxes from his truck. Daisy began carrying them to her little storage room in the back of the store and Dennis followed her as per usual.

"How's the search for your soulmate going?" Dennis asked her as they walked back to the truck to get more boxes. The question made Daisy freeze in her tracks. Soulmate...? Had she really forgotten about her soulmate search? She looked down at her wrist briefly, seeing the small letters displayed carefully.

J.B.B.

A shiver ran down her spine, and before she knew it she was already answering his question.

"Oh you know, I've been busy with the shop so I haven't had much time to search for my person yet."

Dennis nodded and opened his mouth to reply, but the words fell silent. Daisy tilted her head questioningly, but Dennis just shook his head and handed her the last box.