EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

the scarlet witch

The shrieking scream of two young boys filled Daisy's ears as she rounded one final corner, arriving at the open town square where the crimson beam had led them

The shrieking scream of two young boys filled Daisy's ears as she rounded one final corner, arriving at the open town square where the crimson beam had led them. She had to stop dead in her tracks as she took in the scene in front of her. Right in front of her she could see Wanda being the source of the large energy surge around them, red energy still spilling from her palms. Slightly behind Wanda, Daisy spotted the source of the agonized screaming; Tommy and Billy laying face down on the ground as they reached for their mother's comforting arms. Lastly, Daisy spotted Vision to her right, in a similar position as his children, incapacitated and on the ground as his very existence faded away.

Before either Daisy or Monica could react Wanda brought her arms together, dampening the magic energy pouring from her palms until it finally stopped and she dropped to her knees in defeat. The familiar red walls of the prison Wanda had created surrounded them once again, closing in on them as the comforting blue sky vanished.

At last, Daisy's legs began working again, leading her to the redhead on the cold ground in front of her, but Vision and the young boys made it to Wanda before Daisy had the chance. She took a step back as the family embraced each other, finding comfort in each other's presence as they greeted each other. The sight made her stomach flip, and Daisy couldn't quite place the odd feeling, not knowing whether it was positive or negative before the thought was punched out of her mind.

Her head rang as the ear that took a hit pounded loudly and painfully. The world spun around for a quick second before Daisy could see straight, head still geared towards the ground as she recovered from the hit she spotted a pair of familiar boots approaching her. Daisy snapped her head up swiftly before a leg shot up right to where her face had been just mere seconds before. A gasp left her lips as she attempted to suspend her attacker's leg in the air, but failed miserably, instead having to deflect yet another attack. When Daisy finally had the chance to spot her attacker's face, her heart dropped. Cold water rushed over her, as if someone had turned on a showerhead just above her head. She froze, all the synapses in her brain stilling as the world around her stopped moving.

In reality, nothing had stopped.

Large black military cars drove into the town square, stopping in all corners and blocking any and all escape routes. Heavily armed men and women spilled from every car, guns pointed towards Wanda's family and even Monica.

"Bucky?" The name left Daisy's lips as a mere whisper, secretly wishing and praying she had been put under some kind of hallucination inducing spell. The man in front of her didn't flinch before taking another swing at the shorter girl, no hints of recognition in his eyes. She backed away before he could land his punch, moving the couple further away from the continuously growing mess in the center of the square.