SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN
carnations

- This is another dream sequence that consists of Daisy's memories from her life outside the Hex

A loud thud echoed through the shabby motel room Daisy was staying in for the night. A sigh left her lungs as she scanned the room for potential threats. This was colloquial behaviour for Daisy at this point. She has been on the run from the US government for a year, along with Wanda, Nat, Steve and Sam. A year since her and Steve left Bucky in Wakanda. A year since Bucky showed her his soulmate tattoo. It was cruel how the universe constantly ripped good things away from her as soon as she got them.

Daisy threw herself on the squeaky bed as her thoughts continued to consume her. She was tired of running. She was so tired of feeling alone despite being surrounded by friends. Ever since she left Wakanda a year ago, it was like she had left a piece of her with Bucky. It was odd. After their near-death experience in Siberia, Bucky had decided to tell Daisy about his suspicion of their bond. She didn't believe him at first, convinced he was making an insensitive joke. Until he told her he could see the initials on her wrist. Until he told her to try and look into his mind, convinced it wouldn't work. Daisy tried, but she saw nothing. When she had asked why, it wasn't Bucky that replied, it was Steve.

"Because soulmates can't use their powers on each other." Steve's voice echoed through Daisy's head at the memory.

They had a few hours before Bucky had to be put in cryo. A few hours until the universe ripped him away from her, but Daisy still had faith that they would meet again soon. Shuri kept emailing her updates on their work with removing the Winter Soldier program from Bucky, every now and then she would try and convince her to visit, but Daisy couldn't bring herself to be there if Bucky was still unconscious. She would rather wait for him to wake up. Every time her phone rang she thought it would be the time Shuri told her he's awake, that she could come and see him now. However, most of the time it was Steve or Nat calling to do their routine checks. Daisy appreciated their concern, but she had lived this life more than once before. She knew what to do and how to act in order to not grab the public's attention; the only good thing to have come out of her life before joining the Avengers.

Most of the time, Daisy had been on the run with Wanda. The two females made a pact to never leave each other for too long after they broke out the rest of the team from the Raft prison. It had been a week since Daisy saw Wanda last. She knew her friend was safe, not because she was with Vision, but because she was the most powerful person Daisy knew. Wanda was the only good thing in Daisy's life that had yet to be ripped away from her, and she had let herself get close enough to Wanda when she trusted her to not leave. Nothing could take Wanda away from Daisy, and nothing could take Daisy away from Wanda. Their friendship was boundless. During the past year, it had developed more into sisterhood. They were both aware of the sacrifices they would make for each other in a heartbeat. It was what made their relationship work. Endless love and support.