SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

agatha all along

Mumbled speech and a dull ringing woke Daisy up from her unconscious state, the thunderstorms swarming her mind creating the sensation of being under water

Mumbled speech and a dull ringing woke Daisy up from her unconscious state, the thunderstorms swarming her mind creating the sensation of being under water. As the disjointed haze surrounding her mind receded to the point where she could make sense of the world around her, Daisy made an attempt at cracking her eyes open. Her eyelids felt like hard concrete, impossible to open regardless of how hard she willed them to.

Instead she had to focus on the muffled voices in the room, slowly regaining the ability to discern two voices and the words being exchanged between them over a loud and vexing whirring sound.

"What is this stuff?" Daisy recognized Monica's voice, a slight feeling of relief washing over her as she speculated that the female might be unharmed. The previous whirring sound that irritated her throbbing head finally stopped just as she recognized it as the sound of a blender.

Making a second attempt at opening her eyes, light finally surrounded her, driving her to close them once again as the light worsened the banging headache taking shape behind her forehead.

"This is my man-cave. A place to chillax, you know, while the missus is stirring up trouble." A male replied and Daisy quickly assumed it belonged to the scrawny man that hit her on the head. Anger bubbled up in her just by hearing his voice, already planning her way of paying him back for the pain he caused her.

There was a rustling sound to Daisy's side, almost like someone shuffled through piles of paper. Curiosity struck her, eagerly jumping into another spying effort as she opened her eyes slowly, making sure to hide from the voices. She could faintly see Monica sitting on a big leather sofa next to her, looking around her as she searched the room. The blonde male was on the other side of the room by a large metal stand, his back facing the two females.

"You a fan of Steven Seagal?" The male continued speaking normally as if he hadn't knocked two females unconscious and brought them into some ragged house.

"Agnes doesn't live here. You do." Monica scoffed as the rustling stopped.

"Oh." The male exclaimed as a loud thud echoed through the floor, sound traveling to where Daisy still laid while listening in on their conversation. She could feel herself regaining control over her body as she waited for the whirling in her mind to subside, energy and adrenaline taking over and hiding the painful damages of being knocked out.

"You're Ralph Bohner?" Monica sounded surprised, almost as if she was questioning her assumption of the male's identity. Daisy had to hide a chuckle at the claim, not wanting to believe anyone would use such a surname in the real world.