Ten

Two Weeks Later

On the bed, Delia was faking unconsciousness again. It took me a day to realise it. It wasn't until after I was whipped the second time that I noticed her hands lightly tightened in the fists they already were in. I don't think she noticed that I knew though.

Upstairs I heard his Ferrari take off and a few other cars take off after it. If I remember right the party he was telling me about an hour ago was a huge business party with different country business heads flying in. It was going to be a few hours and he wouldn't have his phone. They didn't allow them past the front desk. Good.

Pulling on the ties, I wrapped my hands around the knots. Undoing them more than I had already, I called out for the guard. There was about 5 upstairs and one just at the top of the stairs. I had looked up an aerial view of the property last year, I knew the perfect way out. They'd suspect me to go through the bushes and to the main road but I had a better chance of going through the woods. It would be a 30 minute run through them if I followed the path I had run a few times. I always wanted to be prepared for this exact reason.

The guard walked in, and leaned against the cell doorway. "I need to go to the bathroom," I announced. Groaning, he walked over to me. Untying my ankles like I hoped he would, I grabbed onto his bent down head and slammed my knee into his face. He fell unconscious instantly. "Delia get up" I hissed low and quickly undid her restraints. She sat up straight away. Putting my finger against my lips, I took her hand and pulled her up the stairs. On the other side of the room I heard a guy making food and humming. He wouldn't hear us. Talking to her through sign language I ordered her to run out the back door and to continue to the woods and to reach the stream, I pointed the direction of East, for her to follow in the stream. Nodding, she rushed out while I went through the front doors making noise to hide her escape. Bolting to the garden, I heard the heavy footsteps behind me. I had an advantage against them. They weren't as fast as I was. Maybe all that training for track in college was a good thing. Making a turn right, heading towards the main road, I made through a blanket of bushes. Turning a sharp left, they continued while I rushed through the bushes making a 360 back towards the woods.

20 Minutes Later

Making it to the stream, I ran the other direction, it would take me longer but that was the whole point. I know at some point they would bring out the sniffer dogs. Running for almost an hour, I broke through the tree line. Finding the garbage bag I pulled it out. Inside was clothes I had hidden and some extra cash. Quickly putting the clothes on, I slipped on the running shoes.