Thirteen

"At the head of the group, was the businessman Tyson Graham, his bodyguard Jay beside him..." It was only then I realised I didn't actually know Jay's last name. Shrugging it off, I took a quick sip of my water bottle. "I had gotten up and excused myself to the bathroom. I was going to run when I left. However Malcolm's bodyguard was blocking the doorway and I wouldn't have been able to slip past him. Tyson had also come over to us. He had noticed that I looked unwell and he was concerned. He kept insisting I go to the hospital. I had tried to show him that I needed help. Malcolm had then walked up to me and had tried to explain my ill colour tone to being bad shrimp and not from the continuous blood loss. Malcolm had tried to drag me out the VIP area but Tyson stopped him. He had then asked Jay to take me back to his apartment... I stayed a week with Tyson before I had left and gone back home... I slowly rebuilt my life, until one morning a package arrived from an unknown sender...Inside sat the still bloodied ropes and the bloodied whip Malcolm used on me...I went on vacation with Tyson and Jay who was present when the package arrived. We had just gotten back to Tyson's penthouse after going out, when my prepaid phone rang. No one had the number except for Tyson, Jay and Delia. The boys were with me so it meant it was Delia... When I answered..." Closing my eyes, tears fell harder and my lip quivered a little. "I heard her screaming for help in the background Malcolm was laughing and offered to let her go for myself... I had then left the apartment and he had men waiting outside the building with a sedan... I was then driven to a jet and flown back here... I was then taken to his mansion..." Wiping my tears I took another deep breath. "I was then taken back down to the cell. On the floor was a massive blood stain, months old. On a spring cot, Delia was bruised and bloodied, tied to the bed with ropes. I was then hung back up... Not long after, Malcolm had come down. He had stripped me down to my underwear and left me. The next day he had come down and whipped me...100 times..." In the corner I heard two low growls. No one else would've really picked up on it but I did. Flicking my eyes to Delia, she was silently sobbing. "He had then made me watch Delia get punched unconscious before he tied her back up again...That was the last time he laid a hand on her. He had turned to me and took it out all on me. He whipped me till I passed out, only to do it two days later... Until one night he went to a business party. I had gotten my wrists free and called for one of the 5 guards to take me to the bathroom. He had just untied my ankles, when I grabbed his head and kneed him in the face. Getting my prepaid SIM card I had in my jeans, that was left in the corner of the cell, I had let Delia out of her bindings. Getting her to run to the back of the mansion property into the woods, I made her run through a stream heading east which led up to the back of Reggie's family's property. I knew he'd look after her... While she ran through the back door I had hidden the card in a vase and took off through the front doors, making so much noise to hide her own escape. I had run towards the main road, before I hit a group of thick bushes and made a 360 turn and headed towards the woods as well. I however went west along the stream. I had found some clothes and some cash in a garbage bag and had put those on before taking off towards the middle of the city... Using the money I found, I bought a burner and called Reggie, asking him to meet at a safehouse. When I arrived he had a bag waiting for me, realising I was in trouble. He had found Delia and she was waiting in his car for me. He had then instructed me to a farmhouse where we were then put into witness protection"

"Thank you Miss Corrigan. How do you know Miss Harold?"

"I was in a sexual relationship with her and her husband" I answered simply. A few of the spectators began whispering silently to themselves.

"How did you meet them?"

"Judge I don't see the relevance of this line of questioning" Henry stood up.

"I meet them at a sex club. We had a very exciting night. I can go into details if you want" I practically begged her to. At the corner of my eye I saw Delia holding back a giggle.

"I don't think that is necessary" she huffed, her cheeks burning a little. Even the judge was a little flustered. Poor guy. It however worked because the lawyer announced she had no more questions for me and sat back down.