Sixteen

Slipping away from the boys, I went back inside. Going past the kitchen and I stepped into a small hallway with only one door in it. Opening the door, I walked into a huge master bedroom. It was a new room. Mum and dad stayed in a room next to mine, that now was an office. Against a wall was a huge king bed looking out onto a private balcony. My stuff from two years ago, already inside. On the right wall was a walk-in closet and an ensuite bathroom. Leaving, I went and looked at all the other bedrooms. It ended up to 5 other bedrooms plus the master bedroom and office. In the studio apartment it was 3 rooms and 1 bathroom.

Opening the bottle of champagne sitting in the empty fridge, I poured a cup for the two boys and myself. Reggie already left to go back to work. In Tyson's pocket his phone began ringing. Pulling it out he put it on speaker and put it on the counter. "I can't get a hold of Bailey. Is she with you guys?" Henry asked in the background I could hear people before a door closed and it got quiet.

"I'm here. My phone's in the car" I explained leaning on the counter.

"Well the sentencing has finished. He's gotten life without the possibility of parole and he's being transported to Darwin, they have some cases against him there so he'll probably just be imprisoned up there. Makes you and Delia safer" he announced. Smiling happily, I relaxed a little.

"Thanks Henry. Have you told Delia? I'll also be back to work in a week"

"No and good some of the clients keep asking for you"

"You sure about that? You just don't have to do as much work and I want to tell her myself." He just laughed and hung up. Picking up our glasses we tapped each of them together. Taking a sip, I made a funny face. Spitting my mouthful into the sink, I tipped my cup out. "That is shit. I'm sticking to fucking shots next time" I grumbled and washed my mouth out with the tap water. "I gotta go back. You two baboons coming with?" I asked, closing the back doors and locking them.

...

Following the map to the address Delia sent me last night, I pulled into the driveway of a modern estate house. Grady's Land Cruiser sat inside the garage. He had just pulled up apparently. Getting out of the car, I walked up to him. Taking some bags for him, I followed him into the house. Jay closed our car doors for us. Wiping my shoes, I followed him to the kitchen. "Where is she?" I whispered looking up at him. Giving me a proud smirk he pointed to a room across from us. "She's exhausted," he informed me. He was just gloating. The only reason she was exhausted was because of him. Raising my eyebrow silently up at him, I took off my shoes. Putting them out the road, I pulled off my jacket. Walking quickly into the room, I closed the door silently behind me. She was reading in the bed. Taking the book from her hands, I put the bookmark on the page she was up to and climbed onto her lap. "Good morning sleeping beauty" I teased.

"He's gloating?"

"Oh definitely" I smirked. Rolling off her I laid down beside her.