Nineteen

Watching the water ripples from the small rock waterfall, I took a sip of the raspberry cruiser. Upstairs the boys were somewhere. Grady and Delia hadn't arrived yet. Finishing the half full drink in three gulps, I sat it next to the three other empty bottles. Between my legs my phone vibrated. Delia sent me 'Not coming 😏😉 sorry bubs 💋'. Giving her my own winking face and an all good, I turned up my music. Music began blaring from the outside speaker system. Laying back I looked up at the stars. I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Screaming out, I felt the burning across my back, the sound of the whip swinging back, the searing burn. The smell of the copper in the air.

"Bailey. Wake up. Baby we are here. Wake up come on"

"Bailey. Wake up" the boys' voices called out to me. Sitting up, I felt my stomach roll.
"Bin" clicking my finger to my left where the plastic bin sat. One of them moved and the bin was sat in my hands. Gagging, the smell of copper burned through my nose, I could taste it. Vomiting up all the alcohol I had drunk last night, I began crying. Slowly the smell went away, the taste long gone. Someone was holding onto my hair and the other was running their hand up and down my back. On the bedside table my phone began vibrating. Wiping my mouth, I grabbed my phone and answered it blindly. "Hello?"

"She won't wake up. She is shaking and won't stop" Grady rushed through the phone.

"Go up to her, put your hand on her head, just over her temple. Rub her temple, whisper to her that it is okay in Spanish..."

"Spanish? She's..."

"Yes she is Grady, her grandmother is Spanish now just repeat what I tell you. Está bien mi amor. She will stop shaking as bad, then put her hand over your heart and continue saying está bien mi amor. She'll wake up not straight away, but just be patient, don't shake her. She has a mean right hook" I ordered and one of the boys took the bin away.

"Okay"

"Get her to call me after she wakes up"

"Okay bye" putting my phone back on the side table, I finally opened my eyes. It was still dark out but the sun was just coming up. "Holy shit the bathtub is fucking massive" Jay called out. Bursting out laughing, I laid back against the pillows. "Are you okay?" Moving onto the bed beside me, Tyson looked down at me. "Yeah I'm fine"

"Talk to us please"

"Tyson, stop. A bath is running for you" Jay gave Tyson a pointed look. Ignoring them, I got up, grabbing my phone and the envelope underneath it, I went into the bathroom. Closing the door behind me. I got into the bathtub.

Pulling out the pictures, I began going through them. Finding a few I sat up , the water sloshing a little. Beside me on the bathroom counter my phone began ringing. Putting the pictures up on the counter, I grabbed my phone and answered it. "I told him" Delia sobbed into the phone. "He stormed out. I don't know where he went" she sobbed harder.

"I'll go find him okay? Go have a glass of wine, listen to some depressing ass music and have a long bath"

"Okay" she sobbed and hung up. Getting out of the bath. I quickly dried off. Wrapping the towel around me, I grabbed the pictures and my phone and went into the walk in. Grabbing some clothes, I got dressed quickly. Pulling out some of the pictures, I put the rest of the pictures in my side table drawer. Rushing out to the kitchen, I threw on some sneakers. "Where are you going in such a hurry?"

"I'm going to fucking kill Grady. Delia told him something and he stormed out. Fucking leave her crying in the fucking corner, alone."