Fourteen

Henry definitely had no questions for me so the judge announced that court would continue tomorrow for sentencing. Getting down from the stand, I went up to Delia. Grabbing onto her hand we followed Henry out to the front steps for our press statement. Telling the statement Henry had written for us, Delia and I stood like the united front we were. Grady standing off to the side of his wife. Finishing the statement, Henry took over as we went to the waiting SUV's. Taking the one waiting for me, Delia and Grady got into their own. We took off into the midday traffic towards my rented penthouse.

Pulling up front, I grabbed my suitcase from the back of the SUV and the two duffel bags, I went into the building. The lady at the front desk sat confused as I just went straight past her and used the key Reggie had given me. Unbuttoning my shirt, the doors opened. Putting the bags on the floor, I walked further. My shirt, now on the ground. Slipping out the skirt, I went to the fridge. Pulling out the bottle of coke and the whiskey I poured myself a strong glass.

...

Finishing my second glass I began pouring my third when the elevator moved and it ticked down to the 1st floor. Motherfucker. Grabbing the butcher's knife, I held it out in front of me and towards the elevator doors. Slowly it ticked up until the doors swooshed open. Inside Jay and Tyson were talking intently. Putting the knife back in the block, they both walked out and stopped. Ignoring them, I went back to pouring my drink. "Want one?" I offered and took a good gulp down. "No? Okay well I'm going for a shower" grabbing my cup I went upstairs. Going to the main bedroom, I went in and locked the door behind me.

Going for a shower, I dried off. Pulling on some underwear, I realised I had no other clothes to sleep in. Grabbing my empty cup, I pulled my hair out the bun. Pulling on Grady's old shirt, I went down and grabbed my bags. Throwing them into my room, I went and got myself another drink. Finding some plastic bags and paper towels, I grabbed them. It was time to change my hair. Grabbing some scissors, I went upstairs. Tyson and Jay both stood in the doorways of their rooms. "Hi. Bye" I mumbled and went into my room. Locking the door, I went into the bathroom. Setting everything up, I cut off a few inches. Grabbing out the tubs, I began playing music from my new phone.

The Next Day

Finally getting up, I went and got dressed. Finding a shirt and some jeans, I pulled on some boots and a leather jacket. Quickly putting some mascara on, I scruffed up my wavy hair. Grabbing my phone and wallet, I went downstairs. "That's... Wow" Tyson whistled behind me as he came downstairs.

"Thank you" going into the fridge, I grabbed out an apple. Eating it, I looked through the rest of the kitchen drawers. Gnawing on my lip, I finished my apple. Going into the pantry, I threw the core out. Going through the food in the pantry, I didn't find anything interesting. "What exactly are you looking for?"

"Something I asked for" I shrugged and went back upstairs. Looking through the drawers in my bathroom, I found nothing. "Are you looking for pregnancy sticks?" Jay called out, the boys both now sprawled out on my bed.

"No. The only dick I got was the one in my drawer" I called out. "No it was some stuff I asked Reggie to get for me" I continued biting my fingernail. Jay was leaning over and looking in my side table drawer. "Hey, baboon I was joking. All I had was my hand and one very drunk night Delia. A very very drunk night" looking through the desk drawer I found nothing. "One fucking thing. That's all I asked for but nooo! Couldn't fucking get it. Right well fuck him..." Standing at the top of the stairs, I kept mumbling to myself. Reggie had just walked in and held the keys out to me. "I was just about to curse you out," I announced, looking down at him. Rushing down the stairs, I rushed up and grabbed the keys. Kissing his cheek, I jumped around. "Thank you. Thank you" I continued squealing.

"You better like it. That shit came out of my own pocket" he teased.

"Yeah and I'll pay you back ten times" hugging him tightly, I rushed to the counter and grabbed my stuff.