Twelve

Taking a deep breath, we stepped into the room. Delia's hand gripping mine tightly, we went straight to the front row only assigned for us. To my left I heard a few gasps, but I was only focusing on Delia as she stared angrily at Malcolm. Sitting beside her, I gripped onto her hand. Setting himself up, Henry gave us a nod of reassurance. Smiling coldly at him, a security guard announced the judge's arrival and for everyone to stand. Standing we watched as the judge walked up to his seat. "Please be seated" the judge announced as he sat down. Sitting back down, we continued to hold onto each other tightly.

After a few other witnesses went. Delia was called up to the stand for her statement. Then it was my turn. Going up to the stand, I gripped onto the Bible and swore to tell the truth and all that shit. Sitting down, I held my hands together tightly, my knuckles turning white. The cross examination was going to be brutal. I knew the defence lawyer, she was a witch. "Miss Corrigan, can you please tell the court what Mr Rosell allegedly did to you" the defence lawyer announced. I bite back the urge to roll my eyes at allegedly.

"I was 22 when he kidnapped me. I was walking home from my college graduation when I was grabbed from behind... A rag was put over my face and I went unconscious, when I came to..." Swallowing hard, I looked down at my hands. "My hands were bound with rope hanging from the corners of the roof. My ankles were also bound. I was spread out into a star. Completely naked... I was being held in a cell. Just like a prison cell, is the best way I can describe it... I don't know exactly how long I was stuck in the room before my captor came into the room. I learnt his name to be Malcolm Rosell a few years ago... He was wearing just boxers and he held a whip in his hands..." Taking a deep breath, I looked up to Delia. She hadn't heard my full story. "I was whipped 40 times. I was left bleeding in the cell for a few days... He came back and gave me 20 more whippings... It became a routine every few days just as I was slightly healed he'd come back to whip me again. During that time I was spoon fed watered down bread, by a different man... One night when he would normally come in to whip me, he came in and let me out of the bindings. I was too weak to fight him... He had taken me upstairs, he had cleaned my wounds and put a tight bandage on my back. I was then dressed and was styled by a female... That night I went with him to a movie premiere. On the way there, I noticed the date, I realised I had been his captive for 2 months. During the night, I went to the bathroom, I had been gone for at least 2 minutes before he barged in and dragged me back to the cars. We had then driven back to his mansion. I was then stripped and then given a cold bath... He held my head under the water for the same amount of time I spent in the bathroom. Right as I was about to pass out, he would pull my head back up and then I was punched before he proceeded to drown me again. Once he had finished the 2 minutes he dragged me by the feet, back down to the cell and was once again bound. He then proceeded to whip me, however it was on my stomach. I got 50 whips for taking too long..." Tears were now falling down my face. Quickly wiping them away, I rubbed my cheeks a little. Thankfully I didn't wear makeup for this. Licking my lips, I looked up and finally faced Malcolm. "The routine of whippings continued, until the night I escaped. I was ready to escape and fight, I had loosened the bindings on my ankles, my wrists however were too tight. Everytime I tried it would just cut into my wrists. Before I could get out the ankle bindings, Malcolm walked in... The whip in his hand, he threatened to whip me again but he decided against it. He had unbound me, dressed the cuts on my wrists and the whip lashings coating my body. I was yet again dressed and styled by the same female as the movie premiere. I quickly realised that, that was the night that he excepted me to have sex with him... We were then driven to a club by his driver. That night I also read the date on the car dash. It was 4 months exactly to the date I was taken. When we went inside, I was ready to run. I just was waiting for the right time. We had been waiting in the VIP area for an hour or so. Malcolm had a prostitute rubbing herself all over him. I was about to make a run for it, when a group of men had arrived. Most were bodyguards, the rest were business men just like Malcolm..."