C H A P T E R 3 3

Jina's POV

After being rejected by Tae, I walked out from his office and let out an angry pout.

I walked towards my cubicle and slumped onto my chair as I huffed out a breath.

The way he was looking at me earlier when I asked him to go to lunch with me seemed like he knew something.

I can't really put my finger on what it is but I knew it was something big that he knew.

It's not about Jungkook and me, right?

Does he know about my relationship with Jungkook?

I'm sure if he found out about my linkage with Jungkook, he would question me about it, but he didn't.

So, no right?

I was too into my thoughts that I jumped in my seat when my phone began ringing.

'Jungkookie<3'

I accepted the call and placed the phone at my ear.

"Hey." He sounded exhausted.

"Hey, hun. You sound tired."

"Nah, I'm good. I just," he yawned, "slept a little late last night."

"Hm. What time are you going to leave your office? I can come pick you up." I offered.

"No, no. Don't worry. I can call a chauffeur for that. I'm sure your 'love' doesn't want you to come see his friend, am I right?" He chuckled.

I giggled.

"Take care, Kook. Once you're home, make sure to call me yeah."

"Wait! You're not going to ask me why I called you?" His voice boomed through my phone as I nearly ended the call.

"You sounded tired, that's why I thought you wanted to rest or something."

"Well, that's true but I just called you to update you about Taehyung. He's going to come to my company 3 days from now for the collab meeting so you know what to do while he's out from his office, right?" He inquired.

"Yup. Be rest assured about it, Kook." I replied.

"Good. Talk to you soon, babe. I love you, bye."

And we hung up.

I sighed in my seat as I felt my head throbbing harshly.

Just a few more months, Jina, just a few more months until you get to take over BOLDNESS.

Persevere while you can, you will make it.

I looked at the time on my phone.

2.50 p.m.

And I hadn't ate lunch yet, thinking that the brat was going to accompany me for it so that I won't feel lonely.

Plus, later, at night, I'm going to pay my mom a visit at her shared villa with my new dad.

Looks like I'm not getting home early today.

My mind then brought me back to the time Jungkook told me about the annual dinner which both he and Taehyung attended just a few weeks ago when he told me about Bora and someone named Jimin were with Taehyung that night.

- Flashback -

- 11.30 p.m, after the dinner -

I was putting on my moisturizer cream on my face as my night skin routine before heading to bed when I received a call from Jungkook.

"Why didn't you come? I was waiting to see your face there, you know?" I could hear him pout on the other end of the line, which caused me to giggle softly.