C H A P T E R 5

Bora's POV

- Sunday, 2.00 p.m. -

"No, Bloomey. How many times do I have to tell you? It's, 'Welcome to BOLDNESS, Miss Kang. It's great to see you.'" I held a finger in front of her face, wiggling it disapprovingly as I corrected her.

"Bark!" Bloomey responded as she lowered her furry body on the cushion by her paws, ready to leap off my bed and head to the living room to play with her puppy toys. Sensing her motive, I sprawled my limbs in front of her to prevent her escape.

"Okay. Hello, Mr. Kim. It's indeed a pleasure to meet you too." I formally bowed at her and posed a warm smile.

"Bark!" She gave me her final reply before immediately taking advantage of the little space I provided for her while bowing and leaving my bedroom, straight to the hall.

On the other hand, I was still standing in front of the bed with my left hand on my hip, and my right hand massaging my forehead. If my interview practice with my dog didn't go well, I wonder how I would be able to face the interviewer tomorrow with my body filled with jitters. I don't even know what will go down during the interview tomorrow as this is my first time going for a job interview.

Speaking about my interview, I haven't even decided what I'm going to wear tomorrow. I should probably start planning my outfit now before I forget, as I have a memory of a goldfish. I went over to my wardrobe which was just across my bed and started rummaging for some decent clothes I could wear tomorrow.

Hoodie and leggings? Nope. Crop top and mini skirt? Uh, this ain't no beach. Ballroom gown? Let's be real here, I will be tripping over my own two feet.

I bit my bottom lip as I pushed hanger-by-hanger to the side while scanning for proper attire to wear. Only after a few seconds, did I manage to find a decent, mid-thigh length black shirt, with the words "BOLD" written in white on its center. I mentally high-fived myself at the choice of my top before finalizing the whole fit with a pair of black pants. As the shirt is quite long and appears to look baggy if I wore it over the pants, I decided to tuck the shirt into my pants to look more professional.

I smiled to myself in satisfaction, my outfit is decided. At least an item from my interview checklist is ticked done. The other item was my anxiety, which I failed to mark as done as it won't be ticked off the list until I complete the interview tomorrow.

I then walked over to my bed and plopped down on it, thinking about what I should do now to kill my boredom. Undeniably, I couldn't practice interviewing myself without having another person play Mr. Kim for me. How does a job interview work anyway?

I stood up from the bed and my eyes cast down on my phone that was laying on my bedstand. Ah, right, I should call my mom and tell her about my interview tomorrow. I was too busy celebrating my success in securing an interview yesterday that I have forgotten to inform my mom about it.

I took my phone and unlocked the screen before speed-dialing my mum's number. As the phone began to ring, I placed it next to my ear as I waited for her to pick it up.

"Hey, sweetie." Mom greeted, happily. "How is my precious daughter doing?"

"Hi, Mom." I answered, beaming as I was delighted to hear her soothing voice again after a few days of not calling her. "How have you been?"

"Good, good. I had to run around the city for some errands today earlier this morning but I'm all good." She replied as I can hear the smile through the call. "How is my baby doing all this while?"

"I'm alright, Mom. I've been quite busy and... had an 'amazing' week." I air-quoted the word 'amazing' as I had a flashback of Do Kyung's phone call with me a few days back. "I have a job interview tomorrow, Mom."