C H A P T E R 3

Taehyung's POV

- The day before, 26th July, 3.09 p.m. -

"Can't you do anything right?" I yelled at my secretary, who I hired not even a month ago, as I shoved the pieces of freshly-printed papers into her face. "Seriously, Eunjin, how many times are you going to mess up the documents? I've told you twice that it is important for you to not mix any of these up!"

"I'm sorry, Mr. Kim. I promise I will do it right next time." Eunjin said while turning her red lips into a pout and twirling a loose strand of her hair around her index finger. I rolled my eyes at her attempt to look guilty despite the critical situation, knowing all too well she was not. "I can make it up to you, I swear."

I told Eunjin to collect the printed documents in the printing room outside my office and hand them over to me without mixing the papers up. The papers were already printed according to the months last year, so she pretty much need not do anything else aside from compiling the papers. I needed those documents now as it was the reports of BOLDNESS' revenue last year for me to perform an analysis on it before my meeting with the board members later.

Despite my simple instructions to her, she carelessly mixed those documents up. The documents were supposed to sum up to two hundred and thirty pages, but when Eunjin handed them to me, I counted a total of twenty-six pages that were missing from the pile. Plus, the documents were not even arranged accordingly for months.

I got to admit, she has the nerve to walk in here without any ounce of shame and hand me the messy pile of documents. Her irresponsibility as a secretary, in general, had caused me to face a few consequences as well.

- Flashback, last year, 23 September, 10.30 a.m. -

"Have a good meal, Sir." My receptionist bowed at me as I was leaving the company to head to a nearby kimbap store. As my company's cafeteria mainly sells western food here to serve both local and foreign workers in my company, I suddenly craved for one of my favorite local dishes that I liked back when I was a young kid which was kimbap and was on my way to getting it outside of my company.

I nodded at my receptionist and left the company. Since the kimbap store was just a walking distance from BOLDNESS, I decided to have a short stroll there instead of using my car.

As I was five minutes away from the store, I suddenly got a phone call, from none other than Jungkook. I frowned in confusion, it's been some time since he'd called me but I felt happy that he did.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hello, Mr. Kim." The low, hard tone in the voice of the speaker indicated it wasn't Jungkook. It was his father, Mr. Jeon. "Where are you and why aren't you here?"

"I'm on my way to a kimbap store." I innocently replied, not understanding his inquiry. "Is there anything I could do for you, Mr. Jeon?"

"Is there anything you could do for me?" He sarcastically chuckled. "Oh, no. Our boy is on the way to a food store when he has a meeting to attend right now. What a way to skip an important gathering, I see." 

My lips parted as I still didn't understand what he was getting at. "I'm sorry, Mr. Jeon. I don't understand, I have a meeting now? My secretary hasn't informed me about anything."

"Why yes, Mr. Kim, or else why would I have called you to kindly remind you about a meeting you'd never give a single care about? Maybe it was a mistake, after all, to agree with your company to launch this perfume together, don't you think so?" Mr. Jeon cockily threatened which made me upset.