C H A P T E R 4 2

Bora's POV

As my mind became cloudy with his question, I tried to remain calm on the outside to not give out any obvious hints to Jungkook that I was up to something against him.

"Knowing Jina who must've told him about you returning to the company, play dumb. Ask him questions such as 'who told you that?' or 'where did you get the news from?' Make it look as though he's the one who had gotten the wrong info from whichever false resource that claimed your return. The whole point of it is not to tell him that you work for me. Got it?"

"Wait what? I don't- where'd you get such news from?" I looked up at him incredulously, as if he'd just spoken a foreign language.

"Don't play dumb, Bora. You think I wouldn't know that you're here for a reason?" Jungkook began to ask his question harshly as I could feel that he's getting upset with the way I kept beating around the bush.

"No, I'm not. I just came here to meet up and talk to you about what happened that night." I fiddled with my fingers to fake as much innocence as I can.

"Get out, Bora. That's enough talk. I don't want to see you." Jungkook walked back to his seat as panic began to rise within my being.

Crap, I need to get him out from the office!

"Wow, so you're saying that I'M lying about not working with Taehyung?" I pushed the blame to him.

"I'm not doing this today, I need you out now, Bora." He sternly said.

"Or what? You're gonna drag me out?" I crossed my arms in front of my chest, not wanting to back down from him although it was all an act.

He remained silent but I saw his jaw clenched.

"Look, accusing me of something which even I don't know isn't something I fancy so would you kindly tell me, who told you that I worked for Taehyung?" I raised a brow.

"You really want to know?" Jungkook looked at me.

"Yes."

"It's one of the staffs in BOLDNESS who told me about that. She saw you working in HIS office. So, how are you going to deny that fact when one of your colleagues is the one revealed that they saw you there?" He pressed hard on each word.

"Let me guess, is it Jina that told you that?" I took my time to guess the staff he was talking about so that I'll look dumb.

Ugh, this was such an insult to my mind.

"Doesn't matter, Bora. You're here with intentions, so leave while I'm asking you nicely." He said.

"Ah, I must've guessed it right. Well, Jungkook, do you know that Jina is hiding something from you as well?" I smirked as I noticed his facial expression changed a tad bit, from upset to stoic.

He didn't say anything, but just looked at me with a questionable look.

"If situation gets worst, your last straw is telling him that Jina isn't being completely honest with him. Try to exaggerate on that fact as much as you can guilt trip him. He's whipped for her so it's easy to get him twirled round your pinky when you put Jina at fault."

"Did you know that I'm in fact related to her? And we both have the same dad?" I continued talking slowly to gain some reaction from him, which I succeeded.

"Mr. Lee?" He asked.

"No, I'm a Kang. My dad married her mom. She's Kang Jina." I couldn't see it but I could tell I had a triumphant expression on my face as I saw shock was painted on his face.