C H A P T E R 5 8

- The same night, after the dinner in Taehyung's house -

Bora's POV

Shock, relief, sadness and anger, that was what I felt the moment she turned her body around to face me with surprise painted across her face as her eyes widened and her mouth was agape as she looked at me. Nothing changed in her appearance, the sweet looking girl whom I always knew back then. Except this time, she wasn't flashing me a happy smile when seeing me. Her lips curved into a sad, guilty smile when she finally took in the moment that she was indeed seeing her best friend and not hallucinating. 

I could not move even when all I wanted to do was to engulf her in my arms so tightly and wail non-stop in her warm embrace, tell her how much I missed her, tell her how bad of a person she was for leaving me alone in this cruel world, tell her about all the things that I had planned for the both of us if it wasn't for the occurrence of the accident.  But I couldn't. All I could do was to stare at her silently, I wasn't ready to face her yet. This was so unexpected.

I heard Taehyung cleared his throat as he was caught in the awkward tension between Haneul and I and stole small glances at Haneul.

"Bora." She called my name softly, still having the same smile which was full of guilt on her face.

"Haneul." I mumbled lowly, the name suddenly sounded so foreign to me as I faced the girl.

"H-hi, uhm, how have you been?" She asked as she briefly scanned my moon-star necklace and looked back up at me, gently tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Good." I dryly said.

"That's nice to know. Uh, it's getting late, haha. I will get going now. Goodnight." She bowed at Taehyung and I and was about to turn around and leave the hallway before I felt anger rise in my entire being and I burst.

"You're gonna leave? You're going to walk away and leave your friend here to search for you endlessly, only to find out that that you were alive the whole time after your accident? Gosh, I swear Haneul, you are something else. You made me look like a fool!" I scoffed, pissed off at the situation. Haneul turned around to face me again when she heard my outburst.

"Do you even know how much I went through thinking that you were gone from the world? Do you know all the despairs I had to go through alone because I lost the main supporter of my life to help me feel better again? You don't, Haneul, you would never. While you were enjoying your life out there doing who knows what, I was here grieving over your fake death! How selfish could you be? Do you even consider me as your best friend if you were thinking of hurting me this way?" I felt tears began to fall onto my cheeks but I could care less about how I looked as my heart was bearing a whole ton of hurt right now and I needed to let it out to the girl that was the source of my pain.

"Bora...." She called me again but I shook my head as I sobbed. Tae encircled his arm around my shoulder and caressed my arm as he planted a small kiss on my temple, calming me down.

"Why did you not show yourself to me earlier, Haneul? Why wait for three years? Do you really think that time heals and looking at me eye-to-eye like this after three years would make me feel happier at your presence? Because if you did, look at me right now, Haneul." I sniffled. Haneul nervously shifted her eyes from me to Tae and Tae gave her a nod, giving her the cue to speak.

"Bora, will you please listen to my explanation first?" Haneul sighed out.

"What's there for you to even explain? Is there anything else, aside from your entire existence, you're hiding from me? I bet I would not even be surprised if you did." I said through my tears.