C H A P T E R 3 4

Taehyung's POV

"Is this your dad?" I asked Bora, wanting affirmation from her although I knew that jerk was her father all too well.

She nodded at me as she wiped her tears which flowed down her cheeks endlessly.

She tried to speak in between her hiccups as she pointed at the picture which was in my hands.

"I never knew my dad would have left my mom just for this woman at first. But he did. I accepted his departure from our family forcefully while I was in denial only after a few years later. He had never told me that Do Kyung ever had a daughter. And out of everyone else who could have been his daughter, it just had to be that lady who I hate the most having a daughter that I equally loathe as much."

"Stepdaughter. For your dad." I corrected her.

She aggressively snatched the picture from me and pointed at her father's face, who was smiling broadly in it.

"Does this look shows that my dad sees Jina as a stepchild? This is the same way he looked at me, back when he was still with my mom and I! He's smiling so happily as if he didn't just left my mom and me for goodness' sake!" She slammed the photoframe on her coffee table, causing the glass cover of the frame to crack a little.

She buried her face in her hands as she continued weeping.

I took a good look at the picture and try analysing it from her point of view.

Her dad and her stepmom were dressed casually sitting side by side on a red couch, holding each other's hands and face leaned close to each other while flashing a huge smile for the camera.

Jina stood behind the couch and had her arms around her parents as her face was leaned towards her stepdad while smiling as well.

Had I been a stranger, I would have thought that they were indeed a happy family when I see this picture.

Seeing Bora in such a broken state was tugging my heart to go to her and give her the tightest embrace she's ever gotten and reassure her that everything was going to be okay.

I looked at Jimin to seek his approval before getting close to her.

Jimin understood what I was trying to convey through eye contact and nodded his head.

I stood up from the couch and went over to her who was sitting across from us on the floor and kneeled down beside her to get on the same level as her.

She looked up at me from her hands, questioning my actions through her eyes before I took her into my arms.

Once I had properly secured her in a tight hug, her hands clung onto my jacket as she cried on my shoulder.

Her whole body shook at each sob as I caressed her back softly.

"I just want my dad, Tae. It's not too much to ask for, right? I'm not being greedy, right?" She asked in between her sobs.

My heart broke.

As a child, she deserves to have both love and care from her parents.

I had no idea she was terribly wounded by her father.

I felt horrible as I remembered the time when I brought up this issue to her back while she was my staff in the company, saying how she isn't worthy of her father's love.

"You're not. You're not being greedy, Bo. Don't say that." I whisper softly to her.

I looked at Jimin and he gave me an awkwars lip-sealed smile.