C H A P T E R 3 7

Taehyung's POV

"Hello, Mr. Kim." Namjoon bowed at me the moment I stepped out from the meeting room.

"It's good to see you here." He smiled at me.

My gut feeling became stronger now as my head was actively forming questions about his abscence during the meeting just now and how Jungkook seemed provoked when I questioned this to him.

"I don't want to intrude but may I know why weren't you in the meeting earlier?" I tried softening my tone to not make it seem like I was suspicious about his action, even though I fully was.

Just like Bora soon, Namjoon is holding a high post in Jungkook's company and is one of the essential staff member to be in the discussion with us previously.

He scratched the back of his head as he avoided eye contact with me, as if searching for an answer to my inquiry.

"Well, I, uh-,"

"Mr. Kim, why are you interrogating MY board member?" Jungkook cut us off while emphasizing the 'my' as if trying to prove a point that I couldn't ask Namjoon about his whereabouts just because he's not part of my board members.

"Does it look like I'm interrogating him? I'm just wondering where he'd been while we're having a crucial discussion about something extremely significant to both of our companies." I held a strong gaze with Jungkook who didn't look like he was going to back down from it.

"I had clearly explain to you the reason why he couldn't be there. Why do you need to ask him again? Are you trying to say that I'm lying to you?" Jungkook folded his arms across his chest.

"Oh c'mon, don't put words into my mouth. If there's nothing for the both of you to hide, why can't you just tell me where he'd been? I mean, of course as an attendee for the meeting, I would definitely like to know the reason about his absence, like the ACTUAL reason aside from running errands for you. It's a professional business here, if you really think that I was 'interrogating' him for no reason." I cocked my head towards Namjoon who looked slightly nervous about my confrontation.

My gut feeling became stronger as seconds passed when I took note of the way Jungkook spoke to me and Namjoon's behaviour as the tense conversation was going on between his boss and I.

Secretive and defensive.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Kim, but this is not how it works. Only I get to know where my staffs were at as this is purely a confidential issue and not to share such private info to outsiders. Now, would you please excuse us." Jungkook and Namjoon bowed at me as the both of them went into the meeting room.

Something's not right at all.

"Hyung?"

I looked up ahead of me to see Jaewoo standing a few feet away from me.

"You ready to leave?" He asked as he pointed towards the main entrance using his thumb.

"Yeah..." I twisted my head towards the meeting room door which was closed already with the two men inside to take a last look before I decided to leave.

"Let's go."

Jina's POV

"What's taking them so long?" Minhyuk, who was sitting beside me in the backseat like before, asked as he craned his neck towards my side to have a closer look into GOLDEN's lobby from the car window.

I shrugged as I pulled my skirt down slightly to cover my knees.

That was when I felt my phone vibrating in my clutch bag.