C H A P T E R 2

Bora's POV

- The same day, 2.56 p.m. -

After an amazing ice cream date with Jimin by the street ice cream parlor, we both decided to return home as the weather started to get way too hot for our liking. Time goes by like a breeze whenever I spent time with Jimin, as his presence always makes my day with his hilarious conversations and dark humor. 

Once I stepped into the house, Bloomey immediately ran up to me with her fluffy legs from the couch of the living room and I couldn't help but melt at the adorable sight. I scooped her up into my arms and nuzzled my face into her small body when she reached the doorstep.

I asked her the question which I'm pretty sure she would have asked me to shut up by now if she was a human. "Why didn't you hear me, Bloom? You know how sad I was when I still saw myself in the classroom just now?" I whined, making a sad face at her. "Can I drop this college major, honestly? What'd you think? I'll work in a pet shop instead, where you and I can be together always!"

Bloomey just looked at me and barked, to which I guess she was calling me dumb for even thinking about such an idea. I pouted. "Okay. No need to insult me that way."

I let Bloomey jump off my arms as she ran to the living room and settled beside the couches to nap for a bit. I removed my shoes and my stinky socks and threw them beside the main door before heading to the bathroom. At this point, a really nice shower will help ease my nerves after sitting for the last paper today which went horribly.

As I turned on the shower, a smile then made its way to my face as I remembered that tomorrow would be the weekend. I will have all the time for myself to rest without feeling guilty about not studying. Ah, such a good feeling, indeed.

So, what does a diva like me do after her beauty shower? "Time to binge-watch movies."

I head to the living room after dressing up in my casual dark green blouse and black shorts in the bedroom and turned on Netflix on my television. I slumped onto my beige-colored couch and started to search for a movie that I wanted to watch. I repeatedly pressed the remote buttons to switch the channels on the TV screen.

However, just as I was about to select the movie I wanted to watch, my phone began to ring. I looked at the caller ID on my phone screen and rolled my eyes instantly. It was my step mum, whom I've resented so much ever since my dad introduced her to our family.

My happy mood immediately vanished into thin air, leaving a bitter aura around me as I picked up the call. "What?"

"Oh sweetie, is that a way for you to talk to your mum?" She spat through the phone arrogantly.

"Cut to the chase, lady. Don't play 'mummy' with me." I threw the remote on the coffee table, annoyed. She rarely calls me so if she does, I just know that I am prepping myself to experience anger just by listening to her voice.

"Oh young lady, you better watch your mouth with me. I'm your family no matter what and you should respect me. I am your mother." She warned me.

"My family? After your dirty stunts to get my dad to be with you? Girl, are you listening to whatever you've just said?" I laughed at her bitterly. Why should I respect her as my mum when she did nasty things with my dad behind my mum's back? 

"Why? Your father had a choice to choose between your mother and me, but he decided to stay with me in the end. It's not like I've threatened him to choose me, you know that." I clenched my fists on my lap, nails digging deep into my palms.

"Yeah, I know that. I know for a fact that my dad was happily married to my mum until you came into his life and started to mess him up, mentally and emotionally. Only a homewrecker will choose to mess with a married man and the father of his family, and that's you. You clearly broke my entire family up. " I retorted back.