C H A P T E R 6 3

Bora's POV

All of our heads whipped to the direction of the door opening, revealing none other than Haneul herself. Aside from Taehyung and I, everyone else had their eyes wide open as they stared at Haneul strutting into the hall. Gasps and camera flashes were heard from all directions, however, Haneul didn't seem to be affected by either of them as her eyes were fixated on one person who was standing not far from me, Jungkook with an arrogant look.

The moment she reached the stage, Tae backed a few steps off from Haneul's path cockily as Haneul folded her arms while approaching Jungkook. From my side view, Jina was looking between Jungkook and Jina with her mouth opened, causing me to smirk internally at her nervousness. On the other hand, Jungkook tried to remain unfazed based on his expression when looking at Haneul but I could tell that he definitely wasn't expecting the girl who he tried to kill through the accident, was standing right in front of him, all well and healthy.

"Jeon Jungkook." Haneul smirked as she tapped her feet on the wooden platform of the stage.

"Lee Haneul, pleasure seeing you after... three years." Jungkook looked away from her to the reporters, who were now witnessing the entire confrontation between him and Haneul that is about to happen.

"The guy that was the reason for my accident, huh? Funny, how I'm looking at him straight," Haneul harshly grabbed onto his jaw with her nails digging into the skin, making him wince in pain and forced him to face her, "in the eyes."

"I. Am. Not. The. One. Behind. Your. Accident. Get it into your thick skull, Haneul." Jungkook ripped her hand off from his chin and glared at her.

"Oh, really?" Haneul turned back to the screen which was displaying the 'LHN' file and nodded at Jaewoo to show the last slide, where the link leading to the bank accounts was at.

"Wait, before you click on the link, let me just kindly briefly explain to the reporters about what actually happened to me after the accident. I'm sure they're clueless about what actually happened to me." Haneul sassily turned around to face the press with a sarcastic smile playing on her face, not before returning a glare at Jungkook.

She clasped her hands over her torso and began speaking. "After the accident, I was brought to a hospital in Seoul for medical treatment. Shortly, I was transferred to one of the hospital in Busan to get further treatment to fasten my recovery process. During those times where I was fighting for my life on the medical bed, somehow the topic of my accident had became a hot news all over the country. Why? In case some of you didn't know, I was said to be missing. My body was never found. But all these while, I was alive whereas most people out there were fishing money over the publishing of the fake news, some news even mentioned that I was dead just to get some profit out of the incident."

Haneul turned back to the screen and gave a cue to Jaewoo to scroll up on the file to reveal the picture of the two cars that were crashed into each other, "The white car, which belonged to me, was crushed into pieces. The black car, which belonged to GOLDEN but was driven by Lee Jaehwan, had only a few scratches on its body."

Haneul turned back to look at the press. "If this isn't what you call 'a planned tragedy', then I don't know what else would I name this incident as. My car was brutally damaged whereas the black car was perfectly fine after the accident. It just needed some repairing and the black car was all good to go."

Jaewoo showed a picture of the original company car of GOLDEN, which the only difference between the original and Jaehwan's car was the company's logo that was imprinted on the sides of the car in gold. Haneul pointed at the picture. "This is GOLDEN's car. As you can see in the previous picture, GOLDEN"s logo was covered in black permanent paint, sealing all kinds of suspicion that will arise towards the CEO due to the misusage of the vehicle for other purposes instead of work by the public who saw the car Jaehwan drove on the road."