Chapter 22

Su Ling recounted what happened at the water bank, and felt a little complicated in his heart when he thought of the scene where the crocodile twisted its body in a weird angle and ran away like there’s no tomorrow. At that moment, he was scared senseless, but he didn't expect the other party to be more scared than him, somewhat funny.

As Gu Liheng listened to the recount, his eyes briefly swept over the side of Su Ling’s neck, "You should be correct about that."

Su Ling touched the back of his neck, and there was still an unpleasant smell in the air. Fanning his palms in front of his nose, he said, "You are much calmer than the animals." Then he smiled, "Go and wear a mask ba, don't hold back your expression. I don't mind it, even I myself can't stand the smell."

Gu Liheng: "No need." He pointed to a big tree not far away and said, "I’ll stand behind the tree; call me if something happened."

Su Ling: "You should go back and take off your isolator to relax for a while." He smiled and nodded, "I am safer than you."

Gu Liheng couldn't refute this. He nodded after briefly checked out the surrounding, "Okay."

After Gu Liheng left, Su Ling took off the isolator again. After washing, he sent a message to Gu Liheng and went back to the tent, feeling refreshed. His hair was slightly damp, and he didn't wear a jacket, only wearing a round-neck camouflage t-shirt. In this environment with dim lighting, his neck was particularly conspicuous.

Gu Liheng had already reattached his isolator when he received Su Ling’s message, but a faint fragrance like red wine still lingered in the air. Leaning on a tree next to the tent, he glanced over Su Ling before walked away, "Contact me if something happened."

Su Ling smiled and nodded, "If there is danger by the water, remember to call me."

Sitting at the entrance of the tent, Su Ling took advantage of the time Gu Liheng went to wash and took off his isolator. Thinking for a while, he took out the sachet that Gu Liheng gave him previously. The sachet was placed under his nose, and a cool aroma wafted out, saving him from the unpleasant smell. However, because the unpleasant smell came from the back of his neck, it rushed back to his nose after a while. Refreshing fragrance mixing with a smelly stink caused Su Ling wrinkled his nose in disgust.

When Gu Liheng came back, the two were ready to sleep. Gu Liheng suggested, "You should take the isolator off to sleep." As the young man is still young, his gland is just starting to mature and is not stable yet. He should be careful during this growing period.

Su Ling shook his head and said, "How could you possibly fall asleep like that then?" Although the scent of pheromones will become lighter when one is sleeping, it is impossible not to smell the stink as their tents are so close together.

Gu Liheng said, "It won't affect me," but seeing Su Ling’s disbelief expression, he added, "It's safer."

Su Ling thought of the wild animals scattering away earlier, and was a bit convinced. "Then you can take it off too, it will be very uncomfortable to keep it on, and it is not good for the health of your gland as well."

Gu Liheng: "I'm fine."

Su Ling raised his eyebrows, "How could you be okay? Are you worried that I will react to your pheromones?"

Gu Liheng was silent.

Su Ling shook the sachet in his hand, "I will put this next to my pillow. My pheromone and yours will not react to each other anyway so nothing will happen." It’ll be fine if something really happens!

Seeing Gu Liheng hesitated, Su Ling decided to be stubborn and said, "If you don't take it off, I won’t either."

In the end, Gu Liheng compromised. They sleep without the isolator, and both slept with a sachet beside them to relax the glands. Nothing happened all night, and there were no birds even around the tent, so it was as quiet as when they were in the villa. When Su Ling came out of his tent, Gu Liheng has already returned from the water bank. Su Ling regretfully attached his isolator. If his pheromones were normal, something should happen ba!