Chapter 50

Xian Mo Yu stretched out its roots and swayed in front of everyone. Then the roots retracted, leaving one wrapped around Su Ling's wrist and one standing beside him.

After Ye Lei turned on all the monitoring equipment, his eyes fell on Su Ling's wrist, "It's very close to you."

Su Ling hadn't spoken yet, and the standing root bent to rub Su Ling at the side of his face. He reached out and pinched the root, "Don't mess around."

Ye Lei was surprised by the interaction, "It can understand us? What a high IQ."

"Yes," Su Ling nodded. "What the book says about Grade S spiritual plant having high IQ is correct."

Ye Lei's eyes lit up, and he circled Xian Mo Yu, "Unfortunately, Grade S spiritual plants are too rare, we don't know much about them. Although we have found traces of Grade S spiritual plants everywhere, we failed to track them down. They know how to stay hidden in their own turf too well." He looked at Su Ling, curious and excited, "Why did it come back with you? And why it would be so close to you?"

Su Ling hesitated but told Ye Lei about his pheromone abnormalities. Before Ye Lei could ask further, he stated, "I don't know what was in my body before. I haven't seen it on Xian Mo Yu’s body either."

Ye Lei recorded down his(SL) words and asked, "Will it be fine just drinking nutrient solutions? Does it need to bask in the sun for photosynthesis?"

"It shouldn't be necessary ba, I have never let it out in the sun before," he said, lightly squeezing the roots, "Do you want to bask in the sun?"

The standing root swayed left and right, then moved up and down again.

Su Ling raised his eyebrows, "So it’s yes or no?"

The roots didn't move, and Xian Mo Yu’s experience flashed in Su Ling's mind. Its red petals seemed to be shining in the sun, surrounded by many animals, as well as colourful butterflies and bees. At the next scene, Xian Mo Yu is waiting quietly in the depths of the forest where there is no sunlight at all, with roots extending everywhere; hunting mode. Now Su Ling understands that Xian Mo Yu will hunt when there’s no sunlight to do photosynthesis. It has inherited survival methods from both plants and animals. But now that it has nutrient solution, which has replaced hunting. He asked Xian Mo Yu to confirm the information he learned, "You mean, it's okay either way whether to bask in the sun or not?"

The roots moved up and down.

Ye Lei: "Then we won’t arrange light factor for the indoor test. We will wait for the field test to study its photosynthesis."

After Ye Lei finished speaking, he asked the team members to open a new container of nutrient solution and put it near Xian Mo Yu. A lot of roots came out from Xian Mo Yu and soaked itself in the container. As it unfolded itself in the nutrient solution, the fragrance it exudes is stronger. Obviously, it is feeling happy now.

Ye Lei enjoyed the fragrance for a while before asking, "How do you feel when you smell its scent?"

A team member replied, "Very comfortable, it gave me a lazy feeling."

"There is a sense of trance, like in a dream."

Someone agreed, "Yes, I feel that way too."

Ye Lei looked at Su Ling, "I feel the same as them, how about you?"

Su Ling nodded: "But my mind is clear, knowing that everything happening right now is real."

Ye Lei acknowledged with an En. After a moment of thought, he said, "A feeling of trance, but doesn't affect reason." He rubbed his lower neck unconsciously, and then pointed to a member of the team, "Old Third, you stay." Then he said to Su Ling, "I want to test the effect of its scent on Alpha and Omega’s pheromone. To avoid getting affected, please go next door."