Chapter 23

The police officer used some devices to scan around the villa for a long time, but they didn’t find any abnormalities. After they left, the three returned to the spiritual plant room again. The spiritual plants were still trembling, and Su Ling finally managed to calm them down after quite some time.

Darry harvested the Redthorn ball liquid and left. Su Ling pointed towards a villa that is located on lower ground and asked Gu Liheng, "Do you know the owner of that villa?"

Gu Liheng knew what he wanted to ask and gave the answer that he wanted to know, "Not a nonsense person."

Su Ling frowned slightly and moved his gaze from the spiritual plants to Gu Liheng, "Maybe there is a problem because they don’t look right."

Gu Liheng nodded, obviously thinking the same thing and said, “It’s impossible to not leave any traces at all."

Late at night, in the room on the second floor of the villa, Su Ling and Gu Liheng were sitting on the sofa, looking at the holographic screen in front of them. On the holographic display is the real-time monitoring of all parts of the villa. It was arranged in the form of nine square grids, with the spiritual plant room in the middle. Domi didn't sound the alarm the night before, so they decided to observe the situation for themselves. Each grid looked calm, and it has been like that since 9 pm. The three spiritual plants were also quiet. Their flowers and branches remained still, unlike their usual waving movement during the day.

Su Ling brought his legs up and rested his chin on his knees, while his eyes are still fixed on the screen.

Gu Liheng tilted his head to look at Su Ling and said, "Go to rest first."

Su Ling shook his head, and his voice carried a slightly tired tone, "No, I'm curious about what happened."

Gu Liheng: "I’ll call you if something comes up."

Su Ling smiled at him, "It's okay, I have nothing to do tomorrow. I will take a nap in the afternoon to make up for it."

His gaze fell on the screen again, then his back straightened suddenly. Pulling at Gu Liheng's sleeve, Su Ling whispered, "The spiritual plants are reacting."

Initially, their branches and leaves were swaying slightly. Then the movement became frantic, and they looked panicked. Gu Liheng expanded the monitoring screen of the spiritual plant room and its surroundings and observed carefully. Su Ling also stared intently at the screen. One minute passed, but there was no change in the rest of the area except for spiritual plants swaying like they suffered from a manic episode.

After a while, Gu Liheng frowned: "The nutrient solution has become less."

Su Ling immediately looked at the lower right corner of the spiritual plant room, where a transparent container with a diameter of more than 1 meter was placed. The bucket was filled with light blue nutrient solution, which would be used on to the spiritual plants every morning.

Growing a low-level spiritual plant is very simple. It can grow to maturity through handling by automated machinery, but a high-level spiritual plant cannot be cultivated by the same method. The nutrient solution watered everyday needs won’t be the same each day because it needs to be adjusted according to the situation of the spiritual plant at that time. These nutrient solutions were specially prepared for the three spiritual plants.

Su Ling stared at the height of the nutrient solution and soon found that the nutrient solution is gradually decreasing. He glanced around the container and found no holes nor water stains on the ground.

Gu Liheng got up, "I'll go and see."

Su Ling immediately put on his shoes and followed behind Gu Liheng. When the two arrived in the spiritual plant room, Gu Liheng walked to the nutrient solution container and lifted the entire container up. An unpleasant smell came out instantly, like rancid meat, mixed with the smell of rotten eggs.