Chapter 40

Xiào Rui was very confused when he received Gu Liheng's call. They have many business dealings between the Xiao family and the Gu family, but he and Gu Liheng have no personal relationship at all. After all, their age is quite different, and Gu Liheng is taciturn. He has never attended any gathering organized by the second generation people from well-known families in Belle City. That’s why he did not expect that Gu Liheng would ask to attend his gathering, but naturally, he would not refuse, and he agreed to not bring an accompany with him. After he told the news to his friends in a chat group, the group was quiet for a long time. Someone even suspected that Gu Liheng's bracelet was hacked.

Speechless, Xiào Rui emphasized, "It was a call, and the voice is President Gu. So, are you guys coming?"

"Of course!" The group of second-generation expressed their agreement with much curiosity.

President Gu probably figures it out suddenly that he wants to make some friends. No one will miss such a good opportunity. Xiào Rui and other 4 rich second generations, a total of 5 people, arrived at Nightshade early. Ye Shao, the son of the owner of Nightshade, was among them. He was repeatedly reminded by his parents to provide the best service before coming out. When they met at Nightshade, Xiào Rui took a glance at his friends and couldn't help but laugh out, "Are you guys going to a bar or a meeting?"

Everyone was dressed up decently, a far cry from their usual casual appearance.

Ye Shao rolled his eyes, "It's President Gu we are talking about. Even my father had to be polite when he saw him. How can I dare to be wild?"

The rest expressed their support and agreement with the sentence.

Xiào Rui comforted, "Although President Gu is a serious person, he is very easy to get along with."

Ye Shao tsk-ed, obviously not convinced, and asked, "Are we going to wait here? Or we go to the private room?"

Xiào Rui, "Just wait outside, President Gu said no need to go to the private room."

Ye Shao’s expression looked strange, "Is he checking out how commoner lives?"

Xiào Rui shrugged, "I don't know."

And so, the group was seated on the n-shaped sofa on the left front. Xiào Rui sent Gu Liheng the location and then started chatting with his friends. As they were talking, a tall man approached, so Ye Shao raised his hand to stop the man, "This brother, I'm sorry, but we have booked this area."

Upon hearing that, Xiào Rui shifted his gaze and immediately stood up, "President Gu."

Ye Shao: "...?"

The man has black hair, and it covered half of his forehead. He was wearing a dark blue shirt, pairing it with jeans, and wearing Martin boots. His tall height and long legs made him looked very fashionable. This is President Gu, who is always looked serious in suits and leather shoes?

Gu Liheng nodded and greeted the others, "Sorry to keep you waiting."

Recovered from the surprise, Ye Shao quickly stood up and waved his hand, "No, no, we just came."

"Yes, yes, we came early."

Gu Liheng: "You don't need to be nervous, just hang out as you normally do."

He sat down on the edge of the sofa and scanned the hall. Young people of all genders walked around in the club, and many people danced on the dance floor with smiling faces. Some people were drowning themselves with alcohol at the bar, looking sad. And couples were sitting on the deck seat, feeding each other drink sweetly. Everyone seemed completely different from the people he meets at work, and they expressed their emotions on their faces. This makes Gu Liheng very satisfied; it suits his intention well.