Beach Love part 7

This is kind of a slow chapter. Sorry about that, but it's kind of important. This chapter also took a pretty long time to write because it took a lot of thought. Whenever I'd start writing this again, it's when I'd be watching a movie. Certain lines and phrases would pop out at me and I'd get the urge to write. I hope you enjoy!!! And please vote comment and fan!! I can always use more of those!

__________________________________________________

Chapter 7

My eyes slowly opened to the sun barely shining through my window into my bedroom. The pink tank top I wore to bed was all messed up and I was missing my bed sheets.

My fingers found their way to my hair and smoothed it back so it wasn't in my face anymore. When I got the strength, I propped myself up with my pillow and leaned over the side of my bed to find my bed sheets lying on the hardwood floor. Oh wow...what do I do when I sleep. I finally got up and threw the sheets back on my bed, thinking that I'll make it later, and walked downstairs to fix some breakfast.

Instead of fixing breakfast, I walked downstairs to one. Pancakes, eggs, and bacon aroma filled my nose as I saw Brady hard at work over the stove. I smiled and went to sit on one of the dining room chairs. "Hey cutie." I teased. Brady chuckled, but didn't break his intense focus on the eggs he was making. "You know they're just eggs, right? They're not going to jump off the pan and run off." He smiled. "I know, I know. I just want to get them perfect." He insisted. I rolled my eyes. Brady, so weird, but so...Brady.

Finally, he slid the eggs onto two plates and gave me one. "Thank you, sir." I said eagerly grabbing the plate out of his hand. Brady chuckled slightly. "No problem. Do you know that you're a heavy sleeper? And a morning sleeper too. It's like 11am." He tried to talk through a mouthful of eggs. I shrugged. "Yeah, kind of. I like sleeping in. Not a big fan of mornings."

Brady nodded thoughtfully. "Yeah, I guess." I reached for a few pieces of bacon and grabbed a pancake to eat.

After we were done eating, since it was my day to clean up, I started doing the dishes. Brady made himself comfortable in front of the TV. "So, what do you think of this place so far? I mean, it's no Bahamas, but...it's home." I asked, my curiosity getting the better of me.

I heard the TV flip through the channels. News, sports, some reality show it sounded like, then I heard it turn off. Footsteps started approaching the kitchen, then Brady's head peaked in. He shrugged and leaned against the wall. "I don't know. I mean, it's all right. Kind of cold. Interesting people though...especially your friends." He laughed at something, then excused the thought.

"Yeah, I guess I'm just so used to them I don't really notice. Who are you thinking about? Hmm?" I taunted. He thought for a minute. "Well, that Bubba guy is a real character. Really funny too. Obvious football player. Then there's...Angie, right? Yeah, she's kind of different. Not much upstairs, but nice enough. Jordan seems pretty cool. Same with Monica. Now...that AJ guy..." I almost dropped the plate that I was rinsing when I heard his name. My hand instantly went to my head because sometimes I even got headaches from his name. I rubbed my head a few times. "What about him?" I urged.

Brady shrugged. "Well I don't know. He just doesn't seem like...your type. I never imagined you with the like drugged out, heroine addict sort of people. You deserve better than that. But, I guess that's just my opinion." I slammed my hands onto the counter, not intentionally, but I did. Brady jumped a little but then relaxed again.

"Brady...that...ugh...that is not the guy I know, okay? So just, just drop it. Okay?" I stuttered, too emotional to really talk about that topic. Even though it's been a while now that I've known about 'him', I'm still too sensitive about it.